Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone ever had a seat replaced?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I did some searching and didn't come up with anything. Had the S in for service yesterday, and one of the issues that's been nagging me was something squeaking/creaking inside the seat. I could feel it in the upper part of my back, in addition to the sound it was making. Surprisingly annoying.

Service noted the issue and determined the problem was internal to one of the seat mechanisms, and that they'd have to swap out the whole seat :scared:. Seats are things that are usually installed even before the doors to reduce the risk of damage. After the service center informed me they've never replaced a seat before, I have to say I'm a little worried how it's going to turn out. The part's going to take 3-4 weeks to arrive.

Has anyone else had to have a seat swapped? How did it turn out?

I had my drivers seat replaced due to it having a mind of it's own (it would move occasionally during driving!). Swap went perfect, seat is fixed and you would never know the seat was swapped out.

I had my drivers seat replaced due to it having a mind of it's own (it would move occasionally during driving!). Swap went perfect, seat is fixed and you would never know the seat was swapped out.

I had my seat swapped (driver seat) with the same problems; it would occasionally lock or move (very, very small movements) while driving, etc.

The swap went well. No problems.

If it makes you feel any better I wouldn't worry much about it. I own an auto body as well as an auto mechanic shop, these seats are not huge in comparison to come vehicles I've worked with. Sure the doors are put on after the seats in the factory but it doesn't mean you can't take the seat out or reinstall it carefully without hitting anything as the seat is going in or out of the vehicle. :)

Larry

Hi Gizmotoy, I have a squeeky seat too, but it seems more toward the right butt portion. When I turn right, it makes a squeeky noise like rubber is rubbing. Is that the same noise/creak? Otherwise, I'll schedule an appointment to get it replaced too. Also my headlights don't always turn off when i exit the garage.

I did some searching and didn't come up with anything. Had the S in for service yesterday, and one of the issues that's been nagging me was something squeaking/creaking inside the seat. I could feel it in the upper part of my back, in addition to the sound it was making. Surprisingly annoying.

Service noted the issue and determined the problem was internal to one of the seat mechanisms, and that they'd have to swap out the whole seat :scared:. Seats are things that are usually installed even before the doors to reduce the risk of damage. After the service center informed me they've never replaced a seat before, I have to say I'm a little worried how it's going to turn out. The part's going to take 3-4 weeks to arrive.

Has anyone else had to have a seat swapped? How did it turn out?

No, mine was definitely in the upper part of the seat back, just below my shoulder. I can actually feel something rubbing back there. Very unusual.

Still, it seems like they're sensitive to this kind of issue, so if it bothers you certainly take it in to see what they can do.