Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone getting 2 Years Free Supercharging/Upgrades

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine finally was enabled!

Wow, mine too!

qXadUo2.png

Shows on my account as well
Earlier today said pay per but in my app I had 2k miles so was using those up the time I supercharged

Just now the website says free supercharging enabled on my account!!!
Oddly the app does not state this and the loot box still shows my 2000 free miles (at 1870 or so)

Reactions: CASE01
I envy those of you who got this nice incentive (I'm on the standard pay per use tier), but keep in mind that Supercharging is really best for bridging range gaps on long roadtrips. Using it like a "gas pump" on a regular basis is uncovering charge rate throttling (to protect the battery) for some people who use fast chargers a lot. See: If you fast charge, Tesla will permanently throttle charging.

If you haven't Supercharged before, the novelty will wear off after the first 1-2 times (Although admittedly, Netflix/Hulu in V10 changes the game now, especially with temporary streaming over LTE). Just wait until you arrive at an SC with a long waiting line, inoperative charging stalls, or the fun combo: you wait in line for a stall, only to discover it charges at a crawling pace due to equipment issues :rolleyes:

I envy those of you who got this nice incentive (I'm on the standard pay per use tier), but keep in mind that Supercharging is really best for bridging range gaps on long roadtrips. Using it like a "gas pump" on a regular basis is uncovering charge rate throttling (to protect the battery) for some people who use fast chargers a lot. See: If you fast charge, Tesla will permanently throttle charging.

If you haven't Supercharged before, the novelty will wear off after the first 1-2 times (Although admittedly, Netflix/Hulu in V10 changes the game now, especially with temporary streaming over LTE). Just wait until you arrive at an SC with a long waiting line, inoperative charging stalls, or the fun combo: you wait in line for a stall, only to discover it charges at a crawling pace due to equipment issues :rolleyes:

Glass is always half empty for you isn’t it? ;)

Reactions: DrLavondrius
I still unfortunately haven't been able to get a hold of my SA/DA regarding adding this onto our account. I tried emailing Tesla (lol) to see if somehow I get someone to reply back to me. I took delivery on 9/7 right before the 2000 mile S/C referral was even out so I barely missed both windows. I live in an apt in NYC and we can't charge in our garage, so the 2 year free S/C would be of great help! Any advice would be really appreciated!

I have what others have. Free Supercharging currently enabled in account on webpage, and Loot Box showing Free Supercharger Remaining 3000KM. Did I receive the 2yr free SC is a good question. I've emailed for clarification but have yet to receive reply.
It's enabled, you're good to go. All your fill ups at SC will just show $0.00 and won't even show up on your account history....

I am assuming you 3000km will disappear in 6 months, as those expire....