Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone getting 2 Years Free Supercharging/Upgrades

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took delivery on 9/28 and was told free supercharging would kick in on 10/1; however, I'm still paying. I've also attempted to contact Tesla Support via multiple channels (email, phone, chat, Twitter, etc.) and haven't been able to speak to a single employee. To say I'm growing frustrated is an understatement.

Does anyone know if this is only available in the US or if it will it be extended to the UK?
It is impossible to get anyone from Tesla on the phone. I have had to go to the show room for any issues / questions.

Can anyone send a clear screen shot with a picture of the model 3 (without divulging any personal details) so that i can show the sales team in London
Thanks

Took delivery Sept 18, just got 2 years free supercharging enabled last night

Attachments

• 57847DF9-6AC1-44D4-84D0-2F86914A7876.png
    57847DF9-6AC1-44D4-84D0-2F86914A7876.png
    294.1 KB · Views: 89
Reactions: Bakerr6
Fairly certain this was a US / NA promotion only. May have included Canada as well but this was an EOQ offer to take delivery before end of month and was only open for a 3 week window.
With Europe deliveries planned much further in advance I don't think they have such "promotions" to encourage last minute orders / deliveries to make quarter numbers.

I took delivery 9/21 and had the 2 free years enabled on my account 10/2
I also ordered an "inventory" car. Quotes because even though the website listed as existing inventory my car had just been built when ordered and was in Fremont, MA waiting to get on a truck between CA and MA.
My app shows a loot box with remaining miles (due to referral when placing the order) but when I supercharge it does not deduct any miles from it.

I believe if you received any other bonus with your order (like upgraded at no charge paint, rims, etc...) you will not get the 2 free year SC. Both of those promotions came out at the same time, the 2 year SC about a day before the other.

Last edited:
Yep, i'm still waiting too. My SA says that it shows in his system as "pending comps" which i did not have - he told me he has reached out on a couple separate occasions to have this corrected. No news yet. :(

I'm still waiting as well. Was told by an SA that Tesla is aiming to complete approving all the cases by the end of this month. Have no idea how ACCURATE this is since it seems SAs just keep changing the standard line they tell people over the phone every week. But that is what I got for now. I picked up mine on Sept 12th.

Just called the delivery center where I picked up my vehicle from and spoke with another SA. They said that my original case that was put in for the 2y free super charging got denied on the basis that I picked up on the 12th and not after the 14th when the promotion became active. But since during the promotion I was still under the 7 day return window, someone had been kind enough to go in and put another case for approval by a regional manager and that is still pending. This is what I mean when I said the answer changes every time I call Tesla to find out the status of my super charging request.

I'm wondering if they are adding the 2 years based on the package you purchased. I purchased a sr and since it's the lowest cost, i wonder if mine will be added last.

Totally guessing here but I suspect the time window is more against you than anything else.
The program started 9/13/19. If you ordered a car before 9/13 you technically would not qualify.
And you had to take delivery by 9/30/19
Not sure you could have ordered an SR model 9/13 and had it delivered before 9/30 ?
If not, maybe they will bend the rules.

I checked my emails and have an email from my service advisor all excited about the new program when he first heard about it on 9/13.
It was over that weekend, evening of 9/13 when the possible 2 upgrades became also active.
I purchased my car on the 14th.

Totally guessing here but I suspect the time window is more against you than anything else.
The program started 9/13/19. If you ordered a car before 9/13 you technically would not qualify.
And you had to take delivery by 9/30/19
Not sure you could have ordered an SR model 9/13 and had it delivered before 9/30 ?
If not, maybe they will bend the rules.

I checked my emails and have an email from my service advisor all excited about the new program when he first heard about it on 9/13.
It was over that weekend, evening of 9/13 when the possible 2 upgrades became also active.
I purchased my car on the 14th.

I purchased and picked up on 09/27.

I thought you could not purchase an SR like that? (that they were special order only)
Did they take an SR+ from the lot and downgrade with software?
If you purchased an SR+ from the lot then you definitely qualify.

I purchased an sr+ from the lot that I had downgraded to an sr (it's my work car). I would've left it as an sr+ if necessary to qualify for the supercharging.