Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone Getting White Interiors This week?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
update on my delivery date, it needed to be moved from 5/25 to 5/28 to be safe, here in Seattle-Renton due to a delivery delay (could be a quality control step)

my VIN 31xx Y (Blue PUP, white interior) was built on 5/18 according to delivery advisor

This is a little bit of a head scratcher!!
I'm not seeing anyone that ordered their MY in the 1st week (you know, you dummies that put down 2.5k) getting a VIN.
There must be a method to Tesla's logic.

I got my Model Y PUP white interior yesterday and I put down $2500 but did order 01/2020. My original order was white interior and I changed to black interior in February. I got the email of delivery early March and changed my order back to white interior.

Quality wise, some fender alignment issues, some small paint chip issues that are not visible at the naked eye, one of the trim is scratched and the rear seat folding down issue still exists with the back piece not holding. Otherwise everything else is good. Gotten due bill on some items to be replaced and all issues added on my account. There wasn't major issues to reject the car. Overall near perfect.

I did notice the ride is not as smooth as my M3 because now I can feel every bump on the road. Maybe because my M3 is on 18 aero.

Note I only found the scratch on the black trim when I got home with some bright light. I have uploaded that issue for my next service call. Wish didn't need to go in for service but that's reality its not dang perfect yet.

Taking it in for full PPF on Monday.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: gundarx
I got my Model Y PUP white interior yesterday and I put down $2500 but did order 01/2020. My original order was white interior and I changed to black interior in February. I got the email of delivery early March and changed my order back to white interior.

Quality wise, some fender alignment issues, some small paint chip issues that are not visible at the naked eye, one of the trim is scratched and the rear seat folding down issue still exists with the back piece not holding. Otherwise everything else is good. Gotten due bill on some items to be replaced and all issues added on my account. There wasn't major issues to reject the car. Overall near perfect.

I did notice the ride is not as smooth as my M3 because now I can feel every bump on the road. Maybe because my M3 is on 18 aero.

Note I only found the scratch on the black trim when I got home with some bright light. I have uploaded that issue for my next service call. Wish didn't need to go in for service but that's reality its not dang perfect yet.

Taking it in for full PPF on Monday.
Great !! Lucky !! Where u located ?

In case you guys didn’t see my post, two Ys, Pup with white interiors out at Rocklin. First white interiors I’ve seen there so they must be coming. Almost tempted to cancel my blue order and get that white one! Super clean!

Attachments

• DBF868C0-B84F-447A-A9CC-6DD69CE649D1.jpeg
    DBF868C0-B84F-447A-A9CC-6DD69CE649D1.jpeg
    920.9 KB · Views: 80
  • 6F4DE45D-41C9-4F01-B1A3-A28019D92A9C.jpeg
    6F4DE45D-41C9-4F01-B1A3-A28019D92A9C.jpeg
    657.8 KB · Views: 82
Reactions: wasloan
Great !! Lucky !! Where u located ?

I take it back. The paint issues I had mentioned yes naked eye on a bright sunny day. I had pointed out the issues which the delivery team went back to touch it up. Woke up this morning to check on the touch up and to find out its White!! How can you touch up Pearl paint with White! Its like having white out, very noticeable.

Not happy with how this was handled and not going to wait for service that will be another week which will be outside the return window.

I can say imo Model Y still has its quality issues post shutdown.

Pictures of the paint issues.
Model Y PUP Pearl White

Last edited:
@DennyL That is making me very nervous. Carlsbad is going to be my performance center also. If my white Model Y has paint issues and they do this white out stuff I will be furious.

Just don't let them do any touch up period. If I would have known I would have let the service team send it in for paint repairs. I didn't know they were going to touch it up, they only told me they will have the detail team take a look at it and end up trying to touch it up.

• Disagree
Reactions: Ihdiot
Just don't let them do any touch up period. If I would have known I would have let the service team send it in for paint repairs. I didn't know they were going to touch it up, they only told me they will have the detail team take a look at it and end up trying to touch it up.
denny, you seem to know nothing about tri coats. its a white base, then clear with pearl, then a clear on top. so to get a "touch up" that's what you got. same with every car in every shop with rock chips or whatever. is just the base white. so to get it done correctly. it will take a lot longer than your touch up you got. so stop complaining in every forum about this. you seem to not know how paint works. but like you said in this. set a service appt to get to a paintshop. and they will fix it.

• Disagree
Reactions: DennyL
FWIW, the primary goal of touch up paint is to prevent rusting of exposed underlying metal, but it won't ever be a paint match- that's fine as a temporary solution to protect the surface to get you on the road so long as it will be properly addressed by proper paint down the road, and hopefully your service team will make it right for you.

Reactions: DennyL and Ihdiot