Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone has an idea about headlights? I just installed new ones and they won’t turn on

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are they the correct ones for your car? Or were you trying to upgrade to matrix ones or something? (You can't upgrade as the car won't recognize lights other than what it came from the factory with.)

No idea, but for some reason people tend to leave out important details on stuff like this, like this one the OP posted in another thread:

Yes I don’t know what that plug is for
I got a Tesla y from the auction

So, this is a vehicle bought "from auction" that all the OPs posts have been how to fix X or Y, so I think we would be within bounds to assume "salvage", which means that the normal stuff might or might not apply.

Upvote 0
Can they be programmed?
Is the title salvaged? If so, nothing you do will be supported by Tesla, no repairs, no supercharging, nothing. Pretty odd that you needed new headlights and there wasn’t major front end damage.

As far as the lights, do you have a LR or MYP? Do the headlights you bought have a projector lens? MYP only works with the projector lens headlights. LR only the non projector lens lights.

Upvote 0
Actually there wasn’t much damage when I purchased it from the auction rear and front bumpers and lights replacement and those are the lights I got from eBay that won’t work I have no idea what kind they are
ABAA6687-82F8-4181-B481-D5FBC68FBA79.png

Upvote 0