Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone have 0-60 times for LR RWD post 5% update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
5% more power doesn't mean 5% faster acceleration to 60. Maybe if you get perfect traction that might work out, but the LR RWD puts out enough torque that slippage becomes an issue.
i1Tesla got 4.68 with 1-foot rollout which is also the same metric Tesla uses to give us the original 5.0 seconds. Though you're definitely correct. I imagine this is especially going to be the case for the Performance models.

i1Tesla got 4.68 with 1-foot rollout which is also the same metric Tesla uses to give us the original 5.0 seconds. Though you're definitely correct. I imagine this is especially going to be the case for the Performance models.
AWD makes a big traction difference. I don't know if traction is limiting Model 3 performance 0-60 times or not, but I'm pretty sure it's not affecting the regular LR AWD models like mine.

i1Tesla got 4.68 with 1-foot rollout which is also the same metric Tesla uses to give us the original 5.0 seconds.

No, it's not.

Tesla famously and dishonestly only uses rollout for the P 0-60 times. It uses no rollout for the non-P models, to make the P look better in comparison.

For example prior to this last 5% bump the P was listed at 3.2 and the AWD at 4.4. The 3.2 was a with rollout number, the 4.4 was not- actual rollout # on the AWD was 4.0 as confirmed by both users here with dragy and car magazines with vbox.

• Informative
Reactions: rad1027
No, it's not.

Tesla famously and dishonestly only uses rollout for the P 0-60 times. It uses no rollout for the non-P models, to make the P look better in comparison.

For example prior to this last 5% bump the P was listed at 3.2 and the AWD at 4.4. The 3.2 was a with rollout number, the 4.4 was not- actual rollout # on the AWD was 4.0 as confirmed by both users here with dragy and car magazines with vbox.
Wait that's insane. I didn't know that. That's ridiculous that you can't directly compare the cars performance to each other.

Wait that's insane. I didn't know that. That's ridiculous that you can't directly compare the cars performance to each other.

Yup. But Tesla has been doing it as long as they've been selling P versions of the car- using rollout ONLY for the P version.

They used to call it out with an * on the P85 model S, but now it's a lot harder to find any reference to the fact they do this.

Even weirder, while they've always done this on the S and X, they did NOT do this initially at the launch of the 3.

They, surprisingly for Tesla, honestly listed all 0-60s the same way- no rollout, thus the AWD was 4.5 and the P was 3.5.

But then a few months later they went back to the misleading two-different-measurements standard and switched the P to 3.3 (no actual change to the car at all, they just began using the with-rollout number, but only for the P)... Then the first 5% bump came and they change it to 3.2 still with rollout, while still advertising the without rollout #s for AWD (4.4) and other non-P versions.

rollout.png

I'd pay extra just to have better brakes... they all feel fast... I find the default brakes on the M3 to look way inadequate for a car with its weight.

Your sig says you have a P3D+

You did pay extra for "better" brakes.

Though of course they make no actual difference in street use.

Reactions: ZappCatt
I'd pay extra just to have better brakes... they all feel fast... I find the default brakes on the M3 to look way inadequate for a car with its weight.

Interesting comment, in light of regen braking. Have you tried the new setting, that allows full-stop/(H) on regen (ie, true one-pedal driving)? Though my LR RWD brakes have always seemed pretty adequate, with the true one-pedal driving with the increased regen at low speeds, I find myself rarely actually using my old-school rotor/pad brakes any more, rendering their actual performance less relevant to me.

However: Looks like you've got the full performance edition, so I can understand if you're driving it hard/fast, the physical brakes still come into play though.

Also "inadequate for what" seems a relevant question.

I mean- you guys know big brake kits don't actually stop you any shorter, right? The tires stop the car, not the brakes.

They can stop you the SAME over many repeated stops from high speed at a track, but that's of no value in street use unless evading police pursuit.

if you ARE looking for the track benefits it seems buying a P3D- and getting a better aftermarket kit like MPP sells is preferable to paying for the P3D+ and being stuck with the 20" boat anchor wheels and only moderately upgraded brakes.