Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone have 15% tint with White seats?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have the 18% LLumar ATC15, should be pretty similar. It's in my photo, but I will try and upload more photos here. 30% is wayyy too light for me, I like having at least some privacy.

For now, you can see them better in this video (from when I was doing a car wash). Car Wash is at 2:59 but it's in the shade, so some shots in the sun are around 20:02:

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: Dre78
Yup.
20190222_173913.jpg

I have the 18% LLumar ATC15, should be pretty similar. It's in my photo, but I will try and upload more photos here. 30% is wayyy too light for me, I like having at least some privacy.

For now, you can see them better in this video (from when I was doing a car wash). Car Wash is at 2:59 but it's in the shade, so some shots in the sun are around 20:02:

Do you have any tint on your front windshield?

Isn’t it stupid to darken up your white interior windows? Nobody gone see that lovely white seats anymore

I thought the same! But after having the car for 6 months and holding off tint for that reason heres what I notice:

1. I want some privacy. I feel like I’m always in a fish bowl. Everyone can literally see me.

2. I want the car to look sportier. Not sure where the fine line in tint % defines ‘sporty’.

3. They can still see the white seats from the front windshield.

4. I rather be in ingognito when I mash the pedal at every stoplight

Heres a few shots of mine, White on White with 15% 3m film. I thought 15% would have been too dark but with the sun coming in from the windshield its still a little light if anything. No issues at night in the city or around home which is more rural with no street lights. I did disconnect my auto dim side mirrors though.

Attachments

• tint1.jpg
    tint1.jpg
    710.3 KB · Views: 1,386
  • tint2.jpg
    tint2.jpg
    541.7 KB · Views: 3,140
  • tint3.jpg
    tint3.jpg
    840.3 KB · Views: 1,429
  • Informative
Reactions: Yv3s
Heres a few shots of mine, White on White with 15% 3m film. I thought 15% would have been too dark but with the sun coming in from the windshield its still a little light if anything. No issues at night in the city or around home which is more rural with no street lights. I did disconnect my auto dim side mirrors though.

Is this Llumar Cir? Do you also have pics from the back of the car?

My only dilemma is that I might get in trouble with 15% although I love how sporty it looks.

Anyone have rear pics from the back? I'm thinking about getting it 30% on the back windshield. Would it look weird?

OR

30% in the front, 15% rear, and 30% back windshield for visibility

My only dilemma is that I might get in trouble with 15% although I love how sporty it looks.

Anyone have rear pics from the back? I'm thinking about getting it 30% on the back windshield. Would it look weird?

OR

I have 3m Color Stable, in person it doesnt look too dark at all. Especially in the sunlight.

Attachments

• tint4.jpg
    tint4.jpg
    969.2 KB · Views: 1,200
  • tint5.jpg
    tint5.jpg
    254 KB · Views: 1,160

OR

There are no problems with visibility with the 15% all around. If by getting in trouble, you mean getting pulled over... In most places, tint *shouldn't* be something they pull you over for unless you're cruising with limo. It can be; however, a 'fix it ticket' they will add to what they originally pulled you over for (speeding, etc.). I have found that most officials really couldn't care less though unless it's like obnoxiously dark. The 15% is still very easy to see through.