TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Anyone have a spare wall charger they want to sell?

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand' started by smithy, Jan 22, 2019.

1. smithy

smithy Member

Looking at installing a charger at work but before I head over to Tesla to buy one I thought I'd see if anyone in Australia has a spare one they'd be interested in selling.

2. PJF000

PJF000 Member

I have one from 2015 still in the box. Its single phase.

3. smithy

smithy Member

Thanks, but l should have said I was looking for a 3-phase.

4. paulp

paulp Active Member

I also have a single phase one in a box, but sorry no 3 phase.
    I have a 3 phase one at home and a single phase installed in the office. I tend not to use the office one as I prefer the solar charge, but when I used to be there 8 hours every day the single phase charged it easily before my work day ended.

5. WozX

WozX Member

Do you need to specify 3 phase when ordering a new wall connector? I thought the same wall connector handled both connection types. I was never asked when I ordered a second unit for a planned 3 phase install (ended up a single phase connection anyway due to site complications)

6. possum22

possum22 Member

#6 possum22, Jan 23, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2019
    No, I brought a new 3 phase HPWC in Oct'18 for $700.00, it can be installed on single phase but limited to 32 amps. I think they only sell the 3 phase units now.

7. ShockOnT

ShockOnT ⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

The old one was 1 x 40A, the new ones are only 3 phase and are either 3 x 32A or 1 x 32A depending on whether it's connected to a 3 phase or single phase source.
    So if you have single phase supply you're better off with the old 40A unit, but the new unit is still 32A which is usually plenty.
    Everything is at 240V.

8. mauri

mauri Member

A bit late with the reply but I do have a brand new wall charger that I got with my second Tesla that I'm not using.
    Let me know if you still wanted.

9. eclectricdave

eclectricdave Member

Im after a single phase one myself. Got only single phase. Ive been using the UMC at home and my wall unit is at the farm. Offered unit doesnt have to be a goer. Pl private offers to me. Also want a spare wheel for trips. Can be mangled from scrapes or accidents

10. PJF000

PJF000 Member

Still got that spare wheel, Dave. Same price.