Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone have White Interior with tint?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
70% windshield
50% all around
3M Crystalline

@Lifeinabox might be too late, but just in case it isn't:

View attachment 380738

View attachment 380741
Looking good! I posted pics of mine post-tint on another thread but here it is again. I ended up with Suntek 40% and it's about perfect.

IMG_5383.JPG

Reactions: SD_Engnr
Had 25% F1 Pinnacle on all sides done this weekend and really wish I went 15%. From side profile the cabin is still easily visible with the white interior. I'm going to give it a week to see if it grows on me. Night time visibility isn't an issue right now.

I'll post pics once I get a chance.

Had 25% F1 Pinnacle on all sides done this weekend and really wish I went 15%. From side profile the cabin is still easily visible with the white interior. I'm going to give it a week to see if it grows on me. Night time visibility isn't an issue right now.

I'll post pics once I get a chance.

My local store has Suntek Cir 30% or 15%, can’t decide between the two.. I wonder if I should do 30% front, 15% in the rear.

What makes you say you wish you went with 15%? As far as I know, they are pretty close

I just did Photosync 30 on the sides and back (in one piece), and 70 on the windshield. I'm really happy with the choice.

Perhaps the biggest surprise was that the sunroof is now much more transparent because the cabin reflection is greatly reduced. The car looks much better. Visibility is no problem, I would even say it's improved since glare and cabin reflection is reduced.

I'm in Vegas so the top tier heat protection of Photosync is very nice. Direct sunlight on your body is noticeably cooler.

30/70 is great, glad I didn't go lighter or darker. I almost did 35/75, but Photosync just released their newest generation film which changed to 30/70. Driving around Vegas it's very common to see people with darker than this.

I like the 70 on the windshield. No visibility impact, but it's a kind of like sitting under a lite shade on a sunny day, much appreciated. And without it, the cabin would surely be much hotter and brighter, causing more reflection, privacy, and aesthetic issues.

Biggest downside was the auto dimming mirrors made visibility at night a safety hazard. But you can disconnect the wires and resolve this issue. I described that in this thread: Auto Dimming Mirrors.... Kinda Dark Besides that, night vision is fine. Improved in some ways, due to reduced glare from cars. I would say that no-tint + auto-dim is darker than tint + no-auto-dim. Also, the signal wires on the rear mirror now illuminate somewhat from car lights behind, but I think this is common and not a big deal.

The other problem is with the install. It's still less than 2 days, so I'm giving it time to correct itself. I went to the best place in town, and paid top dollar. Biggest concern is that the windshield has small horizontal lines which give the vision a wavy effect. It's subtle, and really I would rather this than no film at all, but I think these lines shouldn't exist and the film should be completely transparent.

I'll add some pictures of the car when I get a chance later. (my profile pic is the car without tint)

Last edited:
So it's been about 1 month now since I got my 4 windows tinted (15% Llumar CIR) and I'm loving it. I think 15% is the perfect choice for sportiness and privacy.

They didn't have a full sheet of 15% for the back window at the time so it took a month to reschedule. I'm getting my back windows done tomorrow but I'm not sure if 15% will be too dark in the back or not. I'm debating on getting 30%.

Will my car look weird if I have 15% all around (4 windows) and 30% in the back for visibility?

I had 5% all around on my Infiniti, and it looked amazing but it was dangerous. I ended up pulling that off the doors and putting 20% which was much safer. With my White on White model 3 I ended up doing 20% rear doors and rear window, and 30% front window (darkest legal in AZ). I really like the look of it
View attachment 357859

Looks awesome man. Gonna do the same thing but also black the Logos, side cameras and door handles

Here's a pretty recent photo. 30% photosync all around with 70% windshield.

I also added some wraps over the chrome. I'm still waiting for the final touch of the spoiler, then I'll probably do ceramic coating.

You do lose out on some of the privacy and blacked out coolness with the white interior, but that's a pretty small price to pay for such a stunning interior.

Attachments

• IMG_0340.JPG
    IMG_0340.JPG
    455.9 KB · Views: 554
I'm a lil hesitant since I got Peal White with white interior and I love the striking look and would hate to give that up but then again I feel like I'm in a fishbowl in traffic. With tint I think it'd make the car more sporty as well.

The local place I'm going to get mine cost $220 (without windshield) and they use Suntech. It's illegal in Michigan to tint the front windshield so I'm also kinda worried it might look awkward if the rest of the car is tinted while the front is clear.

If anyone has pictures of tint with white interior that would be helpful as well as if you got tint without the windshield, I'd also like to see how it looks.

Thanks!

Tint always makes me feel like I'm in a tunnel.

70% windshield
50% all around
3M Crystalline

@Lifeinabox might be too late, but just in case it isn't:

View attachment 380738

View attachment 380741

Hey, SD Engnr,
My PM3 is a twin of yours. Same exterior and interior colors. I am scheduled to get all windows tinted very soon and, just like you, I am inclined to go with a super light tint. I like how the near white of the wheels matches the white interior and I like how light and bright the interior is. I don't want to darken anything. I mainly want the tint for the heat and UV protection properties.

I am planning on getting 55% Xpel Prime XR Plus on all windows except the windshield, which I will either leave untinted or get 70%.

Are you happy with your lighter tint choice? Is there any window that you now wish you had done differently?

Many thanks,
joebruin77