Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone interested in a ONCE A YEAR Drag Meet at PBRW in January

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hope I don't upset any German members............ :cursing:

Well got my D yesterday just in time for Sunday and I hope YOU won't be upset to see the "bratwurst" just from behind :)

- - - Updated - - -

Steve,

we exchanged emails last year but it seems you did not put me on the distribution list.

ANYONE up for Dinner on SATURDAY ? We will drive down maybe already Friday but latest Saturday from Tampa. Anyone from Tampa area interested in going together ?

Joe

Hot off the edit suite, today's drag races. I'm not sure who all our Tesla drivers were but I know Bill D's P85 (#122) and Joer00's P85D (#97) are in there. Number 89 against the white GT-R (Steve or Nick?). Number 87, the black Tesla anyone? My effort up against a Merc E63 AMG is at the end. No contest but I did beat him off the line (13.5s for the 1/4 mile for me).

WPB StreetCarDrags Day 2015 - YouTube

87 was Jean.

- - - Updated - - -

strip.jpg

Nice videos Dan Thanks

Cant believe I staged against another bloody GTr but I don't feel so bad after seeing the shouty Lambo get the same treatment (I was staged against that lambo but asked the guy in the GTR if he wanted to try I thought I had no chance but seeing the race I wish I had tried.

The first race was Brookes D against the hellcat which was a complete letdown as the hellcat just spun off the line and the D was gone.
Joe and his new D got a wake up call after looking at the back of the electric Porsche (That apparently was built by school kids) but it was fast as was the souped up Cadillac that took a few of us.

All in all a good days racing, one let down was only two 240 chargers were operational so most of us were running at 50-60% charge I went back later and all the outlets were iced so I called it a day
Thanks to everyone that turned up to watch and race

Club member Peter Zlatev has a blog in which he has posted some photos of the racing at http://www.myteslablog.com/2015/01/tesla-model-s-drag-race-at-palm-beach.html.

http://www.myteslablog.com/2015/01/tesla-model-s-drag-race-at-palm-beach_19.html

He also has high resolution versions of the photos. They are free just contact him at [email protected].

Larry

- - - Updated - - -

Tesla P85D Destroys Dodge Challenger Hellcat On Dragstrip: Electric Car Thrashes 707-HP Hemi (Video)

But the appeal of raw electric power is amply demonstrated in the video.
So which soon-to-be-humbled high-performance car will be next to face off against the P85D?
And, now, can we please stop with the "wimpy electric golf car" stuff?

Larry

Last edited by a moderator:
An array of Teslas gracing the grounds of the Palm Beach International Raceway.
teslaRacePanorama.jpg

The S85 had the predictable jump on the Mustang, but did not have enough to win the race.
_86A7629.jpg

S85 vs P85D. I wonder which one won?
_86A7648.jpg

The Florida Sandhill Cranes did not even bother looking up as the Tesla pulled up beside them.
_86A7804.jpg