Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone interested in the Ram EV truck from last night's intro?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks cool, but just like all the other new EVs coming out it's filled with whiz-bang gadetry (read: lots of R&D money, expensive to fix, adds cost for things I don't want) and it probably costs two to three times what I can realistically afford. But then everything seems expensive, when I've been without a car payment most of my adult life.

Reactions: cusetownusa
Another luxo barge chock full of gadgets...just doesn't seem that special or interesting considering all the other trucks so far have been the same.

Plus it's a ram/fiat/Chrysler/Stellantis turd. Hopefully it will be more reliable than their ice vehicles.

So I joined the ability to do something for my refundable $100 payment. Doing backflips can't you tell? Not sure what the numbers correspond to but looks like a low number to me.
Screenshot_20230210-170821.pngScreenshot_20230210-171725.png

Your $100 refundable membership fee unlocks exclusive privileges including:
  • Early access to preorder the Ram 1500 REV that is right for you
  • Exclusive invitations to events and experiences, such as first looks and first drives
  • News and information about the future of Ram electrified trucks
This opportunity is limited, so don't hesitate to secure your spot below.

I put in my $100 refundable deposit on the Cybertruck, Silverado, and now Ram. The truck I want is the Cybertruck, but since I didn't actually pull the trigger on that one until late 2022, I probably have 1.3 million people in front of me which translates to at least (my guess) 3-4 years of waiting if they start production this year.

I have even considered the f-150...

I currently drive a 2019 Ram and my wife has a 2023 Tesla. I hate driving the Ram now (hate might be a strong word), and am willing to pretty much take almost any EV pickup until my number gets called for the Cybertruck.

To the original question.... Yes. I am interested in the Ram EV, but will immediately give it up for the Cybertruck when given the opportunity. (Provided the Cybertruck isn't north of $150k)

Yes... we do actually "need" the pickup truck form factor.

I have had 3 Model S, Loved 2 of the 3. I also have had 2 Ram 1500. Won't get rid of the Ram. Only upgraded over time. Neither one has ever had an issue unlike my second "S" which was repurchased. If you have a need for a pick up which I do, I think it's the best out there. Something to say for driving around in the comfort of my living room.

I put in my $100 refundable deposit on the Cybertruck, Silverado, and now Ram. The truck I want is the Cybertruck, but since I didn't actually pull the trigger on that one until late 2022, I probably have 1.3 million people in front of me which translates to at least (my guess) 3-4 years of waiting if they start production this year.

I have even considered the f-150...

I currently drive a 2019 Ram and my wife has a 2023 Tesla. I hate driving the Ram now (hate might be a strong word), and am willing to pretty much take almost any EV pickup until my number gets called for the Cybertruck.

To the original question.... Yes. I am interested in the Ram EV, but will immediately give it up for the Cybertruck when given the opportunity. (Provided the Cybertruck isn't north of $150k)

Yes... we do actually "need" the pickup truck form factor.
We like our lightning and have reserved 3 CT’s but who knows when if they get built with specs we want to do the job we want. The lightning was the most basic but what we could afford last year. It is a f150... estimated range keeps creeping up as we are light footed and driving local roads. Up over 250 , when we got it and loaded with a ton (literal) and drove it 1200 miles that hit the range estimate Software and that has tasked a while to adjust. Very fine truck if you need a basic truck, knobs and buttons where useful and a screen.

• Informative
Reactions: cusetownusa
We like our lightning and have reserved 3 CT’s but who knows when if they get built with specs we want to do the job we want. The lightning was the most basic but what we could afford last year. It is a f150... estimated range keeps creeping up as we are light footed and driving local roads. Up over 250 , when we got it and loaded with a ton (literal) and drove it 1200 miles that hit the range estimate Software and that has tasked a while to adjust. Very fine truck if you need a basic truck, knobs and buttons where useful and a screen.
Glad to hear some positives for the lightning! Have you had any problems when traveling and having to charge with CCS?

Not really, big hole in central MS but we managed. Now we are local and do about 60 miles a day and keep the dog in AC/ heat depending on the weather. Basically a dog mode. Charging is fine, we have used EA at 150 and chargepoint at about the same. The more expensive models could charge much faster. We charge at our temp home nowadays.

I put in a Rev reservation thingy in the morning after I read about it on Car and Driver. I like that it can power the home, probably for much longer than our powerwalls can. I like the 4x4 and lift for our messed up road. I wish the Model Y could be lifted more, but the stupid top knuckle is stupid. I used to own a 2017 Ram 1500. I hated how it sucked gas and handled, and it was so damn big, but the EVs will be the smaller versions. The only issue I had in my two years of ownership was with the radio, which was messed up from the factory. Once replaced, everything worked perfectly. It rode well, was comfy inside, had a ton of interior space, pulled a trailer just fine, and got lots of positive attention.

Because it is a $100 refundable deposit. If the specs/price are awful, take your $100 back and move on with your life. If they are respectable, you have your place in line. If you wait to know specifics and are interested, you will end up so far back in the line 2 years becomes 4-5 years.

Worst case, you can't get your $100 back or it is a pain in the a**. Either way, just $100.

Because it is a $100 refundable deposit. If the specs/price are awful, take your $100 back and move on with your life. If they are respectable, you have your place in line. If you wait to know specifics and are interested, you will end up so far back in the line 2 years becomes 4-5 years.

Worst case, you can't get your $100 back or it is a pain in the a**. Either way, just $100.
Understood. Yeah, just a difference in mindset. I don't consider myself an early adopter. In 2012 when I first started seeing MS in Northern California, I was extremely skeptical and was in the market for a Chevy Volt as I thought serial PHEVs were the way to go. Once I saw specs, I liked the car, but then the SC network wasn't built out then, and I loved to roadtrip. Now that's not a problem. I guess I say that just to say before I give Stellantis even $100 for the opportunity to pay 50-100% markup at a stealership to be first... I need more meat.

Understood. Yeah, just a difference in mindset. I don't consider myself an early adopter. In 2012 when I first started seeing MS in Northern California, I was extremely skeptical and was in the market for a Chevy Volt as I thought serial PHEVs were the way to go. Once I saw specs, I liked the car, but then the SC network wasn't built out then, and I loved to roadtrip. Now that's not a problem. I guess I say that just to say before I give Stellantis even $100 for the opportunity to pay 50-100% markup at a stealership to be first... I need more meat.
I absolutely get what you are saying. Charging network is a HUGE concern... but in 2 years maybe it will be better. ;-) We currently have a 2019 RAM (and a 2023 Model Y) and the RAM has been a good truck, so I am willing to give Stellantis a little benefit of the doubt. The dealership markup is a big concern too. I guess I am at the point of $100 just gives me the flexibility to have a spot in line and make the harder decision later. All that being said, I 100% get where you are coming from and don't disagree.