Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone order in Feb/March 2018 and paid for AP upgrade and no extra fed rebate?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know it's all about timing, but I ordered my T3 in March, paid $4000 for AP upgrade on SR+ and got the bc 5k upgrade.

Ive now heard of the fed 5k rebate and that AP is now included in all trims and can't help but be disappointed about another 9000 that I could have saved.

Anyone else in this boat. Likely nothing can be done, but wanted to see if there are others that have this frustration

I know it's all about timing, but I ordered my T3 in March, paid $4000 for AP upgrade on SR+ and got the bc 5k upgrade.

Ive now heard of the fed 5k rebate and that AP is now included in all trims and can't help but be disappointed about another 9000 that I could have saved.

Anyone else in this boat. Likely nothing can be done, but wanted to see if there are others that have this frustration
When they included the AP in the price they also reduced the net price by 2k I believe...it's not much consolation but you are out 7k, not 9k :)

But, yeah, nothing much you can do. It's not just a tesla thing, every car sold on normal dealer lots change price from sale to sale. It just hurts with a tesla because you can see when they adjust prices.

Just imagine if you ordered AWD last summer and paid for EAP/FSD then vs now....the net delta there would be more like 15k if you bought AP/FSD during the sale.

Welcome to the club

March Delivery, SR+, Black & Black with Autopilot. Salesman from Tesla Stores keep telling me the price is going to go up if I don't order it now, the $5000 Federal incentive won't have Tesla included and it will never happen, as well as the SR trim that i originally want will be so basic that it is nothing like SR+

More slimy than kingsway dealership car salesman in my opinion

Reactions: corlaandstan
Welcome to the club

March Delivery, SR+, Black & Black with Autopilot. Salesman from Tesla Stores keep telling me the price is going to go up if I don't order it now, the $5000 Federal incentive won't have Tesla included and it will never happen, as well as the SR trim that i originally want will be so basic that it is nothing like SR+

More slimy than kingsway dealership car salesman in my opinion

So sorry you feel that way, but in all fairness to the guys and gals at the Tesla stores, they have absolutely no idea or information whatsoever about pricing, trims, availability and other changes until they happen. So I wouldn’t hold anything against them, tbh.

So sorry you feel that way, but in all fairness to the guys and gals at the Tesla stores, they have absolutely no idea or information whatsoever about pricing, trims, availability and other changes until they happen. So I wouldn’t hold anything against them, tbh.

Yeah. Imagine what their day is like the day after Tesla makes a change... Come into the store and open email and see a bunch of emails about a change that happened last night from customers and having no clue about it.

Reactions: ATC@LWSK

As a consumer, the guys and gals at the Tesla stores represents Tesla, that's the end of it as a consumer and I can't comment on how they works with the headquarter as I'm not insider.

I took their word and i paid the price (down $6000CAD in 1.5 months). I can expect that much lost after half a year or one year but imagine that for only 1.5 months.

They are trying to sale the car and they are trying to push the quarter sales, can't blame as they ultimately are selling car. But as a consumer this really have a bad taste on the month.

I like the car but i absolutely hate their sales tactics/strategy. It really leaves a mark on my experience and second thoughts about getting into tesla again for my next car.