Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone purchase App upgrades (like boost, fsd, ...) - payment?

techzelle

Jan 14, 2021
Sunnyvale, CA
I am thinking about buying FSD through the phone app. I clicked the add button to test, and it put it on my car specs list, but no payment was requested, no shopping cart, not confirmation with a click OK to continue button.
Come to find out, Tesla gave free FSD for three months for new model 3 buyers.
About a week later, the purchase FSD listing is back on my app. No charges or messages.

Anyway the question for those how have bought software upgrades from the phone app - how does one pay for an upgrade?

Did it prompt you to enter a credit card number?
Did it just charge the card you have on file?
Did they invoice you separately, and want a back ACH transfer?
Or what is the process flow?

ShaitigerM3

Jan 9, 2021
Winfield, IL
When I took delivery of the car, I immediately updated the software on the car which took forever. Once that finished, I went to purchase the Acceleration Boost and it would stall every time I tried to use a different card instead of using Apple Pay (my 0% card wasn't connected to it). I'd choose to use a different card and a black screen with the Tesla logo would show on the screen but that's it. I tried multiple times until I decided to add the 0% card I wanted to use to Apply Pay and I went that route. It took the payment but I don't remember a confirmation page. I didn't receive an email about my purchase until much later. Anyway, it shut itself down and quickly rebooted and it was installed. It wasn't a smooth process whatsoever.

BeeGood

Jan 27, 2020
Georgia
I bought rear heated seats with Apple Pay. It was super easy and fast like the poster above said.

My assumption was that they would charge whatever card/account you have setup for Supercharging by default.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC