Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone received the new Jeda wireless phone charging pad for Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally installed mine. My one annoyance so far is that you cannot lift the phone tray (tray that the Jeda is sitting on) to access the storage compartment without partially closing the top cover lid first. With the top lid open, the top edge of the Jeda hits the bottom of the top lid near the hinge preventing it from raising. If the Jeda was shorter or had a tapered edge at the top, it would be fine. I can only lift it about 2 inches before it interferes. If you partially close the top lid before attempting to raise the tray, it will raise without conflict. The top lid needs to be dropped below the bottom edge of the screen for enough clearance.

Anyone else experiencing the same?

no problems here so far. i was able to remove my phone and push the tray up. i love the fit and finish.

Attachments

• 90528F4D-D4C8-4A49-B6EE-B1B0BC7CFAE3.JPG
    90528F4D-D4C8-4A49-B6EE-B1B0BC7CFAE3.JPG
    242.1 KB · Views: 513
I wonder if there is any issue when using a phone cover protection?
no, what's pictured is a friends phone. I have 3 phones for work and play. a note, a samsung s9+, and an iphone xs max. all work perfectly. i have a spigen case, an otterbox case, and a stock case from apple. all great and no complaints! i am ALSO able to close the lid with the jeda pad and my phone, so that's a big bonus.

Has anybody received the new Jeda wireless charger for phones?
I used it for about a week but its not well built. For some reason it makes the center console rattle when I put as its not padded on the back. And one of the micro ports, the cable is loose and falls out.

I wish it was better quality like Nomad.

The big benefit is that you can place your phone landscape mode.

Ill be returning it due to the rattle

• Helpful
Reactions: Rootbeard7
I used it for about a week but its not well built. For some reason it makes the center console rattle when I put as its not padded on the back. And one of the micro ports, the cable is loose and falls out.

mine doesn't rattle at all. the rattling is an issue of the actual center console

Rattle from center console | Tesla

• Informative
Reactions: Jivas

Just curious, did you buy both the Jeda and the Nomad at the same time? Your statement seems to indicate the Nomad is of better quality which leads me to believe you own a Nomad. But then you say “I’ll be returning it due to the rattle” speaking of the Jeda which would mean you have both. So did you buy both intending to return the one you liked least?

I’m getting a little impatient with Jeda as the last email from them (about ten days ago) said all Feb orders would ship by the end of the month and I would receive an email with shipping details around the same time. No email yet and I assume no shipment yet. I have emailed them asking for an update. Last time I emailed them it took almost a week for me to get a reply. I do hope the product quality is better than their customer service.

Reactions: rajivpsf
Initially they said late February shipment, then sent me an email in late February saying it would ship first week of March (last week) and I would get an email at time of shipment. Well no email, so I’m assuming no shipment. I emailed them yesterday asking for an update and ETA on my order. So far I am thoroughly unimpressed with Jeda. Hoping it ships early next week and I really hope the product is better than their service.

Initially they said late February shipment, then sent me an email in late February saying it would ship first week of March (last week) and I would get an email at time of shipment. Well no email, so I’m assuming no shipment. I emailed them yesterday asking for an update and ETA on my order. So far I am thoroughly unimpressed with Jeda. Hoping it ships early next week and I really hope the product is better than their service.

I ordered mine Feb 12th and I've had the same experience. I emailed them yesterday asking about when it would ship and yesterday evening I finally got my shipping notice (coincidence?). Unfortunately, when checking the tracking number it says that it still hasn't been picked up which leads me to believe they just purchased the shipping to make it look like something was happening to appease me. I feel like it will go out this week though. I get that they're super busy and I can appreciate that sometimes things get delayed I just think they could be better at communicating things.

That said my Model 3 Performance that I ordered on Jan 11th still hasn't arrived so I don't have a car for the charger anyhow lol.

After seeing the previous reply I reached out again to support, which previously said they’d ship by Monday (yesterday). Soon after according to USPS tracking info they created the label. I originally ordered Feb 23.

Anyone on the latest firmware with their front USB's still working for their Jeda/Nomad? Seems like some people are having issues and are forced to use USB Hub/Split. They said direct connection doesn't work anymore.

there's a spacer coming out in april to allow for wired
I’m aware but didn’t explain well. The edge of the lightning port opening, while your XS is in an apple OEM rubber case, is flush with the edge of the hardwire opening. There is no margin to accommodate the width of the lightning cable connector outside of the width of the lightning opening on the iPhone. The hole material is flexible though. So as I said but confusingly, tight margin.

I was wrong you can flip up the phone tray while using Jeda. It’s just heavier and stiffer than without.

Anyone on the latest firmware with their front USB's still working for their Jeda/Nomad? Seems like some people are having issues and are forced to use USB Hub/Split. They said direct connection doesn't work anymore.

running 8.2. had an issue with the jeda and my neighbor has an issue with her nomad.

i spoke with jeda and they recommended a USB splitter, hub, or POWERED usb cables as the ones they provide are detachable. got powered usb cables over the weekend and now it's working perfectly again.

my neighbors is not working with her nomad so maybe for nomad a splitter may be needed, but if you have a jeda just get powered cables and it works just fine. luckily they are detachable so the solution is easy.

if you get a splitter, keep in mind one side of the splitter is for cable and another for power...