Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone received the new Jeda wireless phone charging pad for Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
running 8.2. had an issue with the jeda and my neighbor has an issue with her nomad.

i spoke with jeda and they recommended a USB splitter, hub, or POWERED usb cables as the ones they provide are detachable. got powered usb cables over the weekend and now it's working perfectly again.

my neighbors is not working with her nomad so maybe for nomad a splitter may be needed, but if you have a jeda just get powered cables and it works just fine. luckily they are detachable so the solution is easy.

if you get a splitter, keep in mind one side of the splitter is for cable and another for power...

Looks like the cables included are for power only. If you switch to a regular USB cable, it will start working again plugged directly.

USB Hub/splitter will work 100% though since the initial plug is both data/power. Seems like Tesla latest firmware updated so the front USB doesn't accept power only cables.

Looks like the cables included are for power only. If you switch to a regular USB cable, it will start working again plugged directly.

USB Hub/splitter will work 100% though since the initial plug is both data/power. Seems like Tesla latest firmware updated so the front USB doesn't accept power only cables.

no the jeda cables are power/data - what you need is POWER only.

When I first got my Jeda last weekend it worked flawlessly. Poor customer service and delivery experience, but great product, just like my Model 3! But within a day the left side of the charging pad stopped working. I switched the wires and it worked so I thought it was the USB port and I would have to schedule service. Then the left side started working again! Then the right side stopped working, then it started working again! And that has been my experience all week, it’s like a lottery each day to see which side will work. I’m running software version 2019.5.15 at the moment. Glad to know this is an easy issue to resolve, I’ll run out and get new USB power only cables today.

Does anyone know if the standard Apple USB power cables supplied with their products are power only? We have so many of those things now it isn’t funny. Guess I could try them and see if it works. Thanks to all forum members for the info!

When I first got my Jeda last weekend it worked flawlessly. Poor customer service and delivery experience, but great product, just like my Model 3! But within a day the left side of the charging pad stopped working. I switched the wires and it worked so I thought it was the USB port and I would have to schedule service. Then the left side started working again! Then the right side stopped working, then it started working again! And that has been my experience all week, it’s like a lottery each day to see which side will work. I’m running software version 2019.5.15 at the moment. Glad to know this is an easy issue to resolve, I’ll run out and get new USB power only cables today.

Does anyone know if the standard Apple USB power cables supplied with their products are power only? We have so many of those things now it isn’t funny. Guess I could try them and see if it works. Thanks to all forum members for the info!

if you have 5.15, do a reset it could be your usb ports.

just got mine, but got it from an unhappy customer. As reported fitment is good all features work as describe and I'm using a splitter and HUB for my 2 USB ports. Charge speeds is alot slower but thats expected. my commute is 45 mins and i get 15% charge on my S10 but i have fast charger in my 12volt if need something faster. For me its the connivence of not plugging it in. I know, 1st world problems......

I dunno if I would pay retail but the build quality (Nomad great too) is obvious compared to Taptes or ebay qi pads.

just got mine, but got it from an unhappy customer. As reported fitment is good all features work as describe and I'm using a splitter and HUB for my 2 USB ports. Charge speeds is alot slower but thats expected. my commute is 45 mins and i get 15% charge on my S10 but i have fast charger in my 12volt if need something faster. For me its the connivence of not plugging it in. I know, 1st world problems......

I dunno if I would pay retail but the build quality (Nomad great too) is obvious compared to Taptes or ebay qi pads.
Doesn’t using a splitter reduce the charge speeds significantly?

Anyone else with the new Jeda have issues with it sitting flush? Mine lines up with the holes and locks into place but you can still press the corners and it rocks back and forth. There is also a noticeable gap on the sides.