Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone recommend an emergency road tire repair kit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What's wrong with the official one Tesla sells in the online shop?
Tesla tire repair kit cannot be used on OEM Michelin Acoustic Tires because of the foam layer inside.
9619C10E-FD9E-479B-9DFA-342A4CAFF446.jpeg

I got a kit called the Tire Plugger. It's spring-loaded and can shoot mushroom plugs. Also includes a reamer and a pocket knife to trim the plug.

If I hadn't gotten the Plugger, the kit pictured above, the Tooluxe is what I would have gotten. High quality.

• Informative
Reactions: not4antoher
I carry both a plug kit and a goo kit,
In addition to the tools needed to remove the wheel from the car, and a pump

In addition to a variety of items in case the car is stuck on the side of the road in the middle of no where. Perfect use for the Frunk.

Reactions: afadeev
So I have a tire plugging kit which is great but you'll need a good pair of needle nose pliers to pull out the object and a set if side cutters to cut the plug off with ~1/32 showing.

You should also carry a small 12V compressor to refill the tire.
You may also find it handy to have a jack just to raise the car enough to get to the affected area and allow you clearance to push the plug in.

FWIW I also carry a spare on long trips.

Been tripping a lot with my model 3 so anyone recommend a tire repair kit. Not interested in carrying a spare tire but I’d like something for emergencies. I have AAA as well if that matters.

In all my cars, including the Tesla, I carry and I have successfully utilized three (3) tire repair aids:
  1. Dynaplug tire repair kit - this takes care of 90% of the puncture scenarios. Takes minimal space in the glove box, and everything you need is included in the link below:
  2. Tire seal goo with an inflator pump - takes car of the other 9% of the punctures. If the hole is too big for Dynaplug to seal fully, a layer of seal-goo will finish the job. My kits are branded Continental, but I can't find them right now, but the one in the link below is functionally equivalent.
  3. AAA membership, for that 1% case when you square the wheel in a massive pot-hole, or pickup a sidewall cut. This has happened to me exactly one (1) time over 30+ years of motoring.
Hope this helps.

a

Reactions: beezy and KenC
In all my cars, including the Tesla, I carry and I have successfully utilized three (3) tire repair aids:
  1. Dynaplug tire repair kit - this takes care of 90% of the puncture scenarios. Takes minimal space in the glove box, and everything you need is included in the link below:
  2. Tire seal goo with an inflator pump - takes car of the other 9% of the punctures. If the hole is too big for Dynaplug to seal fully, a layer of seal-goo will finish the job. My kits are branded Continental, but I can't find them right now, but the one in the link below is functionally equivalent.
  3. AAA membership, for that 1% case when you square the wheel in a massive pot-hole, or pickup a sidewall cut. This has happened to me exactly one (1) time over 30+ years of motoring.
Hope this helps.

a

thanks, that’s helpful. I’ll buy both. Honestly I’ll use AAA 99% of the time. It’s those times when you don’t have signal and need to get out of the area or die which is when I’d use this.

Hope this helps.

a

is the Tesla kit similar to #2?