Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

S3XY buttons at Abstract Ocean

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's true. I guess I'm not sure how continuous AP works then. They said that one of the things the Gen2 Commander has over Gen1 is AP-state information. (others are stuff like speed limit sign, tire pressure, blind spot, etc)

Anyway, if the Gen1 Commander is able to detect AP being on so it executes the continuous AP smart action, I guess it should be able to detect a manual cancel before the turn signal goes off. I guess we can email them about this bug and if they can adjust it, they probably will. It makes sense to have a manual AP cancel to cancel the smart action until AP is manually turned on again.
I'm pretty sure you are correct, and they have no way to know if AP is on or not, which is why they have the configuration to allow you to set a minimum speed at which the smart action triggers. (To avoid it turning on AP on normal city streets after lane changes or turns.) Essentially it is a hack of a feature, with what they are able to do.

I'm pretty sure you are correct, and they have no way to know if AP is on or not, which is why they have the configuration to allow you to set a minimum speed at which the smart action triggers. (To avoid it turning on AP on normal city streets after lane changes or turns.) Essentially it is a hack of a feature, with what they are able to do.
I have it set so that Continuous AP would work even at 30 MPH though. It definitely does not turn on AP when I use the turn signal while driving at say 35 MPH, so perhaps they can get the AP status somehow with the Gen1 Commander. Or maybe some other logic is used. I've sent them an email about this, and maybe others have too. While I don't have an issue with this particular bug, it would be good if they could fix it if possible.

Reactions: CapsEngineer
I have it set so that Continuous AP would work even at 30 MPH though. It definitely does not turn on AP when I use the turn signal while driving at say 35 MPH, so perhaps they can get the AP status somehow with the Gen1 Commander. Or maybe some other logic is used. I've sent them an email about this, and maybe others have too. While I don't have an issue with this particular bug, it would be good if they could fix it if possible.
Enhance Auto actually replied to my email regarding the AP re-engagement issue and said they are working on it and the fix will come in a future update. They suggested a work around to press the brake pedal to disengage TACC while the blinker is on. I actually rarely use the brake pedal to cancel AP/TACC (I almost always use the stalk), so I tried this on a drive out today running some errands.

Using the brake pedal to cancel TACC while the blinker is still on for the first time during my drive, I did not get an AP re-engagement upon the blinker turning off. However, when I tried it again using the stalk to cancel TACC in the same situation, AP also did not come back on. So basically I was unable to reproduce this bug so far today. I went off several off-ramps with AP on, hit turn signal, canceled TACC using either brake pedal or stalk before turn signal turned off, and AP did not come back on when turn signal went off. Kind of strange since I did observe the situation where AP re-engaged upon turn signal going off before.

Anyway, assuming the bug is still there, Enhance Auto seems to be working on it so I'm confident they will get it fixed assuming they are able to. They've done well supporting this product up to this point so no reason for them to stop now.

I can’t figure out how to delete/un-assign an action or stat from a tile in the new app (iOS).

There’s gotta be a way to do this, right? Or is the only option to overwrite it and assign a different action/stat to the tile?

Anybody know?
I thought I read on their discord somewhere that currently it can only be overwritten. My guess is they'll update the app to allow delete/un-assign. The app still need some work. I'm waiting for the updated full-screen mode and they disabled start on full-screen so most of the time I have to manually change it to full-screen. I'm sure it'll get sorted, but don't know when. Hopefully soon.

• Informative
  • Helpful
Reactions: jsmay311 and bmah
Installed the V2 buttons today and already had two weird occurrences.

I set one of the buttons to control the wipers. Single press .5 faster, double press .5 slower, and long press toggle off. While I was trying button the car kept saving dash cam footage as if I was pressing the dash cam button on the screen. I couldn't duplicate it later, but I've never seen the car repeatedly saving the camera on its own like that.

I enabled the auto-presenting doors on my Model 3. The door didn't open several times when I walked past the car and twice when I approached the door and opened it manually. Then this evening while I was inside the house in a room near the driveway I got a notification that the driver's door had been left open. I have surveillance cameras and was able to confirm the car had been locked and no one was around when it opened.

The car was backed into the driveway and I was behind and to the passenger side of the car at the time, probably 10 or 15 feet from the back corner through a brick wall.

I'll be turning that feature off and leaving it off. I don't mind if it doesn't auto present every time, but I don't want it randomly opening the door when I'm inside the house.

Installed the V2 buttons today and already had two weird occurrences.

I set one of the buttons to control the wipers. Single press .5 faster, double press .5 slower, and long press toggle off. While I was trying button the car kept saving dash cam footage as if I was pressing the dash cam button on the screen. I couldn't duplicate it later, but I've never seen the car repeatedly saving the camera on its own like that.

I enabled the auto-presenting doors on my Model 3. The door didn't open several times when I walked past the car and twice when I approached the door and opened it manually. Then this evening while I was inside the house in a room near the driveway I got a notification that the driver's door had been left open. I have surveillance cameras and was able to confirm the car had been locked and no one was around when it opened.

The car was backed into the driveway and I was behind and to the passenger side of the car at the time, probably 10 or 15 feet from the back corner through a brick wall.

I'll be turning that feature off and leaving it off. I don't mind if it doesn't auto present every time, but I don't want it randomly opening the door when I'm inside the house.
Did you pair the V2 buttons with a V1 Commander? Or did you have the V2 set? Are they noticeably faster responding than V1 buttons on the first press? If the V2 buttons respond faster even with a V1 Commander, I will probably get a couple of them at some point.

As for the presenting doors, I gave it a quick try when they first added the feature and it didn't work at all, so I never bothered again. I kind of guessed that it might also randomly open when you don't want it to.

Did you pair the V2 buttons with a V1 Commander? Or did you have the V2 set? Are they noticeably faster responding than V1 buttons on the first press? If the V2 buttons respond faster even with a V1 Commander, I will probably get a couple of them at some point.

As for the presenting doors, I gave it a quick try when they first added the feature and it didn't work at all, so I never bothered again. I kind of guessed that it might also randomly open when you don't want it to.
Sorry, I never had v1. I just bought the v2 buttons with v2 commander. Hopefully someone else can answer your question.

Reactions: gx9901