Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone still waiting for silver delivery?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Still waiting in Atlanta for a silver AWD (non-P) EAP Black interior 19" wheels. I had a delivery appointment on Sept. 29th, but then they called the night before and cancelled it. No VIN, no new delivery date. My Tesla account has been changed back to Sept-Nov. estimated delivery.

My account still shows Sept-Nov, but I know from calling the delivery scheduling team it's in transit between Birmingham, AL and Alpharetta, GA delivery center. It's a 2 1/2 hour drive, so it's either still there or hopefully arrived.

880FB2D0-E1DE-4012-9F63-1807BD4BB24B.png
Just took delivery (in Texas) 9/25 of silver / white interior P3D+. Loving it.

Interestingly I just noticed that many of the early Model 3 marketing photos are just that combination as well as on of the cars at the Model 3 reveal.

• Love
Reactions: gillfoto
My guess is that they've already built all the silvers but are just having a hard time delivering them because they obviously still haven't figured that part out given the below...

Ordered Silver Metallic. On delivery day they showed up with Midnight Silver. Now I wait for them to find me a M3 with the right color and assign a VIN with my pre approved loan timing out Monday.

Has there been any evidence that they have even started the build of the remaining silvers/obsidians since the colors were discontinued? I suspect when that's been done, we would start to see a larger number of silver/obsidian deliveries scheduled, which has not happened yet. Their focus the past few weeks has been on pushing out as many cars from existing inventory as possible (and those were mostly ones that were built before the color cutoff date). It is possible they spent the last week producing a large number of silver & obsidians (if so, the delivery notices should start going out soon). However, since the cutoff in the email claiming potential 2-4 week delivery wasn't until Sept. 15, they might be planning to do the final builds this week or next.

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
I took delivery of a silver awd 18 blk in portland on the 30th, vins seen there were 89-91xxx range, there were about 5 other silvers i saw on the lot being delivered that evening...so they definitely built a batch.

BTW, it's freaking flawless except for a small off color scratch? in the driver's seat that's barely noticeable and don't think I'll even report it...1st time ever driving or riding in a Tesla is after I paid for it and drove away....freaking awesome!

Still waiting. Reserved 12/30/2016. Ordered 7/5/2018. Received an e-mail on 9/19/2018 saying my CO home delivery was scheduled for 9/27 or 9/28 and asking me to select date and morning or afternoon preference. I responded and absolute crickets since then. Calls to the delivery center produces seemingly scripted apologies and all I learned is that no VIN has been assigned. Broken promise and lack of communication is disappointing. I scrambled to get my home charging station setup in time for delivery promise. I have a rate lock on finance which may expire before Tesla come through with delivery.

• Informative
Ordered non-P AWD in metallic silver on 8/15, with estimated delivery 10/18-12/18. Hoping for the earlier part of that range now that the color has been discontinued. Still have the edit button and no VIN assigned, but did notice today that I now have a referral code, so hopefully getting closer.

I would like to know why they cancelled silver in the first place. After all, silver is one of the most popular colours for cars.

I sincerely hope they reinstate silver as a colour choice before my time to configure arrives, because otherwise it would be a dealbreaker. The only other option I would have would be to get the base black and have it wrapped, but I'd rather have a factory colour. Sad that none of the currently available choices are colours I would even remotely consider buying.

• Informative
I would like to know why they cancelled silver in the first place. After all, silver is one of the most popular colours for cars.

I sincerely hope they reinstate silver as a colour choice before my time to configure arrives, because otherwise it would be a dealbreaker. The only other option I would have would be to get the base black and have it wrapped, but I'd rather have a factory colour. Sad that none of the currently available choices are colours I would even remotely consider buying.

Not getting reinstated this year so plan accordingly if you are that dead set on it.

My guess is AWD silver? You might have a shot at inventories if you are persistent at staying on top of it.

• Informative
Reactions: AustinPowers