Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone upgrade the LED lights on the new Model S?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a new MS as of mid December 2016 without the premium lighting upgrade. Has anyone done the Abstract Ocean LED light upgrades on one of these cars? Is the wiring still in place for all the other lights like in the older MS's?

I got a 4 light kit and replaced the lights at the Truck and Frunk. Really night and day difference.

IMG_0351.JPG

Now I will get a new set and redo all the lights.

• Informative
Reactions: pilotSteve
Agreed. I'm worried about installation on non premium lighting models. Need help from someone that has done it.

Will be doing mine soon. Just ordered the AO lights this past week. Mine (no PUP) had lights in the rear footwells.

I'll be installing the two extra in the trunk. I'm left with two additional that I'm undecided on where to install for now.

I will post back when I get them in.

Reactions: BBB4000
My friend just took delivery of a 2.0 car and I purchased the full set of lights for his car. I will be doing an install video soon. I put the 13 lights in my refreshed Model S I picked up in June and had zero issues. Both of us have the premium interior with the extra lights though. So it was pretty straight forward.

Thanks Erik

The wires are still there.

Drivers side:
img_2593-jpg.208231

Passenger:
img_2599-jpg.208232

I almost didn't do the top one in the trunk as I didn't think it'd make a huge difference, and I was right. It didn't help light up the trunk much.

Where it did help is lighting around the car, it acted as a puddle light for the rear and sides. Included a picture of my unlit garage side to show how much it illuminated.
img_2607-jpg.208234

I also tried a before and after..but after a couple of tries, I gave up on the before. Without the PUP, it's just a giant black picture. So only an after picture:
img_2603-jpg.208233

i had gone with a 4 pack, but after doing it; I'll be buying more for the rest of the car.

Attachments

• IMG_2593.JPG
    IMG_2593.JPG
    246.5 KB · Views: 1,038
  • IMG_2599.JPG
    IMG_2599.JPG
    352 KB · Views: 1,066
  • IMG_2603.JPG
    IMG_2603.JPG
    350.2 KB · Views: 1,052
  • IMG_2607.JPG
    IMG_2607.JPG