Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone want to team up on a savings thread to keep each other motivated?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Goal is to save 10-15k. Have other financial responsibilities but bonus and tax return might make that closer to 20k. Using Simple to save for it. You can set a goal for yourself and it will tell you how much to put aside each month/paycheck to reach that goal.

Budget - really unsure, depends on features. Low 50's probably.
Savings - $0 (for a car, all extra money is going towards house right now), but Audi will be buying back my A3 for ~$38K and I'm going to delay that until 2018 when hopefully my Model 3 will be ready.

Will probably take out a small loan of 10-12k when it comes time to purchase, but will hopefully be able to pay that off quickly since the plan is to have my mortgage at $0 by then.

Budget - really unsure, depends on features. Low 50's probably.
Savings - $0 (for a car, all extra money is going towards house right now), but Audi will be buying back my A3 for ~$38K and I'm going to delay that until 2018 when hopefully my Model 3 will be ready.

Will probably take out a small loan of 10-12k when it comes time to purchase, but will hopefully be able to pay that off quickly since the plan is to have my mortgage at $0 by then.

I'd love to know how you know Audi is giving you back $38K for an A3.

I maxed mine out, minus one package, and I paid $44K. The day I left the lot, the idea of getting back $38K went out the window.....

Please take this with a grain of salt, I'm not a financial advisor and it's a pretty volatile stock. But think about putting some of your 11 grand into Tesla stock and letting TSLA pay for part of your Tesla.
That is a risk because if you look in the past when the Roadster came out and the Model S came out you will see that Tesla was on the brink of bankruptcy so if you invest it will not help you get the car, but if the Model 3 is a success, which is likely, then TSLA should pay handsomely and maybe get you your car.

Yeah, forgot to mention that. 2015 A3 TDI. So yeah, i'm getting back close to what I paid. The key is delaying the buyback as long as possible so I don't have to get an interim car.
Be careful with that....some fine print might limit how much you're getting back if they're not immediately flipping you into another one of their cars.

Had a friend deal with similar drama getting out of a recalled Jeep. The deal was too good to be true, because they were trying to keep her in another Fiat-Chrysler product.

• Informative
Reactions: Wee John
My goal is to put $1000 each month into the savings account for the Model 3 down payment. I started in April, so I have $5000 so far.

Hopefully by the time I can order my options I'll have at least 50% of the price for a down payment. Of course if the car is ready earlier, that would be OK, too. :)

Reactions: Wee John