Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone with an S/X still waiting for V9?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Look for the notification on top right corner to right of the Tesla logo near the BT and wifi icon.....Had it when I picked up my car on 9/25 and did my update at home on first night. Been looking for it for V9 since Friday and made sure I had full wifi 5GHZ with full bars in my garage and still NOTHING.....

Reactions: mastersword
Just got notification this morning. On the top line of your center display you will see a small orange clock looking icon. Press it and you will be given the option to install it now or at a later time of your choosing. Can't drive your car while it is downloading.

After the installation is completed, you will receive a notice on your smart phone that you are good to go.
Then, on your main display, you will get a summary of each of the new features that have been installed.
Spend a few moments familiarizing yourself with the new buttons and you are good to go.

Still get a smile on my face everytime I get one of these enhancements. Remember hating to spend +/- $500 to just update the maps on my previous cars.

Last edited:
I have only one bar weak Wi-Fi in my garage, but still the updates seem to install perfectly.

Everybody seems to be anxious to get the latest updates, but they seem to come without any rhyme or reason.

In the future, it is proposed that owners can request, through their app. the latest version available for their cars.

No rush usually for me as the car seems to be working great even without the latest download.

I have only one bar weak Wi-Fi in my garage, but still the updates seem to install perfectly.

Everybody seems to be anxious to get the latest updates, but they seem to come without any rhyme or reason.

In the future, it is proposed that owners can request, through their app. the latest version available for their cars.

No rush usually for me as the car seems to be working great even without the latest download.

I doubt they will let you request to download. These arnt mobile devices. These are vehicles that carry people and safety. While annoying to wait, the slow roll helps ensure the code is good.

You can only simulate or beta test so far.

Reactions: mastersword

With V9 moving forward at least you can initiate the update process from your phone instead of having to go to your car and manually accept it.

I doubt they will let you request to download. These arnt mobile devices. These are vehicles that carry people and safety. While annoying to wait, the slow roll helps ensure the code is good.

You can only simulate or beta test so far.

Or, with the new referral program you can get early access after 4 or 5 referrals... although I don't think that is a real benefit.

Reactions: wesley888
The easiest way to get updated is, visit any SC and connect to Guest Wifi.
Wait for 20-30 minutes and leave, then you should receive update notification within few hours.
All connecting to the WiFi at a SC will do is dump you out onto the public Internet, you won’t be on Tesla’s internal network.

Will be no different to being on your home Internet. Not sure this would help speed up the process, I doubt they are prioritizing updates to people connected to their guest network public IP addresses.

I didn't have an update but forgot that changing to wi-fi would probably help. I switched to wi-fi network and voila. About 10 minutes later it was ready for download. Took about 20 minutes to download. I have to test the car to make sure all works ok but at least it updated.

Still waiting on my X, which has spent much of the last several days in my garage, plugged in, and on WiFi. They did seem to pause for Sunday and Monday, although looks like they're rolling it out again. Really dislike the way they do the rollouts.