Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone wrap a MS in Nardo Gray or Chalk Gray?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I love that color and considered doing it but I opted for PPF instead as most wraps do not provide protection. Here is one I found online and I think it would look sick. I saw a Model Y wrapped in Nardo and it was stunning and unique.

Did you PPF the entire car?

Saw a MSLR 19" yesterday. Looks amazing!! Looks really wide from the back. What's funny is there was a chalk white 911 right next to it. Once I saw it in person I was over the chalk color. It's nice if you want a different version of a white car.
0UKLl1VkDh-z4-kRV66oWs7Dt_sr7rQEzpcsiA5WYuSJ9GLRrlkAMKbAyGVwC7mxEEvX4fIbxzsf7uI9sm8OLWpOlVH99KzPVH6Mm54dRlAtRT_fi-5agQZCa2dR6DibW9abLgaL20UVMLpEs5YPaQ3m_nJCstuMsFG4fP1UDIs3cjbuBUVGGbVv4TSbS_8hSpy4p6vzrSlpFMN9dUz1RI-ep94d8MJyZkvso1r_MFFO1Dk2ZwhmLDxIea5RiAXqrpe9qjouCeTNW0KMa63g9UzhiaVrjbRPL_ro5RFsAHvQb_Y52auLhfZ-atJlod5XRJGODosBqEmn5ATMLQ1JyBOYQG2zeQbb-U8zlggIPtYz9-0-wsewJDCgSv0KXtUXhNB9G2zxRVy-m9t8QyQ3hwKxw7LbibTOmaL2dyck-rtxjmMVyrgX715A-UDAZ4Pi5VEKYoJVupW6BcP41iB0GVkQBvd7XuUm_7Ue0yonFYvKnPGUIqCscyZnq14PgBf3nWM6q_O2YfSTUEcFF3XKbagSINoXn14qhzQkLFuiTRgPQPIDPnG4jZhJvEdvZjHyPHDUCBg6JDWKxC7l_yJQ2tkywU740YVK00o9vXV8lmSPvjs0z2msKm2lsXFWQioN6po8YarGLozNqSEapnkbLoBkC13hiXju-OgxGwivAK13iWqO-334viRZdiuLd_oiU3Vh-NGNDt-fLCZKrZe8D0TpPA=w1218-h914-no

Painting calipers yourself in any color you want is easy. I've done about 4 Tesla's now. In a nutshell
- Clean caliper well. Dawn and water.
- Wipe Caliper down with damp rags
- Dry caliper with clean rag
-Wipe caliper down with rubbing alcohol to prep
-Use Painters tape and old newspaper to mask off inside the wheelwell, rotors, etc
- Spray a coat of primer for better paint adhesion and to cover the old Tesla decal
- Spray several thin coats of VHT Caliper Paint allowing time to dry between coats
- After fully dry (i allow at least couple hours or can speed it up some by using heat gun) apply Tesla or Brembo decal from Ebay
-Spray caliper with 1-2 coats of clear

Doing the above in the temperature conditions outlined on the paint can will result in excellent results. Key to making it last? Using no wheel cleaner when washing the car. I only use the car wash soap. I also never aim strong stream of water onthe calipers. Due to regen, there will be minimal (if any) brake dust/dirt buildup on the calipers anyways.

Painting calipers yourself in any color you want is easy. I've done about 4 Tesla's now. In a nutshell
- Clean caliper well. Dawn and water.
- Wipe Caliper down with damp rags
- Dry caliper with clean rag
-Wipe caliper down with rubbing alcohol to prep
-Use Painters tape and old newspaper to mask off inside the wheelwell, rotors, etc
- Spray a coat of primer for better paint adhesion and to cover the old Tesla decal
- Spray several thin coats of VHT Caliper Paint allowing time to dry between coats
- After fully dry (i allow at least couple hours or can speed it up some by using heat gun) apply Tesla or Brembo decal from Ebay
-Spray caliper with 1-2 coats of clear

Doing the above in the temperature conditions outlined on the paint can will result in excellent results. Key to making it last? Using no wheel cleaner when washing the car. I only use the car wash soap. I also never aim strong stream of water onthe calipers. Due to regen, there will be minimal (if any) brake dust/dirt buildup on the calipers anyways.
Very cool !!! Thanks!!!