Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AP/FSD sale ends March 18th

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
NEW new chart from Troy @TroyTeslike showing prices changes Monday 18’th:

71C5CBF0-0FBD-4A7B-B0D3-C8CD9D8C67DA.png

• Informative
Reactions: Corsair
My brain says no, my heart says yes. Here goes my 4k plus tax. Last week was 2600 plus tax. All together $7500. Hopefully my rebate will show up next week to ease the pain.

Haha, it is very difficult to fight this. Resistance is futile!

I brought the AP for @2600. No brainer there. It's now a fight between my logical and emotional mind.

Can I afford the additional $4000, yes, I can. Do I need those fancy FSD, not I don't.

With the basic AP, it meet my need 99.9%. Can I drive without the FSD and still enjoy it. Of course 100%.

Haha, it is very difficult to fight this. Resistance is futile!

I brought the AP for @2600. No brainer there. It's now a fight between my logical and emotional mind.

Can I afford the additional $4000, yes, I can. Do I need those fancy FSD, not I don't.

With the basic AP, it meet my need 99.9%. Can I drive without the FSD and still enjoy it. Of course 100%.

One reason/rationale that is pushing me towards FSD - is the likely improvement in accuracy, smoothness, and overall functionality of AP. i.e., having FSD will further bring out the utility of AP. I think I gotta get FSD.

One reason/rationale that is pushing me towards FSD - is the likely improvement in accuracy, smoothness, and overall functionality of AP. i.e., having FSD will further bring out the utility of AP. I think I gotta get FSD.

Yes, Resistance is futile. I know how you feel.

That is, assuming you will get HW3. We are talking about a computer on wheel, and like any, price will drop as times go on. In couple of year, we may be talking about HW4... HW5. The software itself will take a while.

Yes, Resistance is futile. I know how you feel.

That is, assuming you will get HW3. We are talking about a computer on wheel, and like any, price will drop as times go on. In couple of year, we may be talking about HW4... HW5. The software itself will take a while.

Having new features added to the car is so unlike any other car.

Having FSD and HW3 will at least keep this car getting new cool self-driving updates for a few extra years... it’s gotta be worth it. Right?

(I’m 99.9% sure that FSD will provide HW3)

Reactions: corlaandstan
On the order page. It said, coming later this year.

- Recognize and respond to traffic lights and stop signs. I think it just simply means it will stop and go based on the traffic light
- Automatic driving on city streets. You guess is as good as mind.
- Nothing more, nothing less.

Tesla may say down the road is YES, you have HW3, but in order to do this A, B and C, you need to get HW4 or HW5 and you need a more up to date Sensor and higher resolution cameras. By the way, You actually need more sensors and camera in order to do a better job. Oh, there is no upgrade path, it is only available starting from Model 4. Oops.

We never give money to INTEL to get the newest CPU that will be released sometimes in the future (no date given) that can do such and such and they are very powerful, trust me. We never go and buy Microsoft Office 20xx that would be released number of years later.

Yes, M3 is very cool and fun to drive. However, I cannot see myself purchase a vaporware and not knowing what I will get. As it stands now, even without FSP, I am enjoying the car every minute, with a smile on my face. LOL.

He literally just posted on Twitter that vehicle prices are going up at midnight on Monday, so I'm pretty sure prices are going up.
Elon Musk on Twitter
This thread is about AP and FSD after sale prices not new car prices. I’m pretty sure that tweet is just a reminder of the website blog article on March 10 concerning 3% increase for new cars. My concern is there is nothing in the Tesla website blog — or this recent tweet you cited — about reversing the discounted price for after sale AP and FSD. You would be bankrupt if you bet that all of his late night tweet statements like the ones about reversing AP and FSD discount reversals will happen. Odd that he didn’t mention it in this most recent tweet.

Last edited:
This thread is about AP and FSD after sale prices not new car prices. I’m pretty sure that tweet is just a reminder of the website blog article on March 10 concerning 3% increase for new cars. My concern is there is nothing in the Tesla website blog — or this recent tweet you cited — about reversing the discounted price for after sale AP and FSD. You would be bankrupt if you bet that all of his late night tweet statements like the ones about reversing AP and FSD discount reversals will happen. Odd that he didn’t mention it in this most recent tweet.
He already said the EAP and FSD prices were going back up, and they will if for no other reason than to stop people bitching about the fact that they went down, or that someone might have paid less for something than they did. Believe what you want as to whether it does or not, it makes no difference to me.