Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AP price drop also applies for free trial

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
BTW, I'm not buying the AP, no matter what the price is 2.5, 3 or 3.5k. To me AP is a glorified adaptive cruise with lane centering. The 2018 base Hybrid Accord that I swapped with 3 SR+ came with those included. I would have considered it, if the price was in the $500 - $1000 range and I drove more on the highway.
And thinking about it - I don't like the autosteer as much as the lane centering in my Honda. I don't like having to fight the wheel to avoid a pothole. Anyway, this is just my use case, I am not arguing that it is useless or worse what Honda had.

During the trial I feel like I'm supervising a teenager learning to drive. It is indeed very convenient in normal cases but the mental stress on predicting whether it will handle the next complicated situation is a bit too much. Maybe worth $1000 to me.

Reactions: duanra
I feel exactly the same way. Hard breaking followed by zippy acceleration when smooth throttle would have accomplished the same. It’s still kind of a fun adventure watching the system cope with new challenges (while always being prepared to bail out as needed).

Still like what it’s working to become!

Mine says $3000 for AP.
Can any of you see the current price? Mine has been saying the purchase screen won’t load for the past two days so no real way to buy it right now regardless. Maybe they’re working on something?

AP 3000.png

I am still on Free Trial period.
But why is AP the same price...

I was just offered the 60 day demo today. I accepted and then checked the price on the web site again. AP is still $3K but FSD dropped from $7K to $5.5K.

I have no interest in FSD. I would consider AP for $2,500. At $3K I just don’t think I’m interested. I am not able to purchase it via the on screen app. I’m getting the same error message as everyone else when I click “Buy Now”. I’m curious to see if that eventually gets fixed and offers different pricing from the website.