Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AP take rate was less than 67%

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Verge article says the $35k version can still be obtained 'off-menu' without AP.
Tesla’s $35,000 Model 3 is no longer available to order online
But the source they quote is the blog post. I don't make the same conclusion when I read the blog post, so could anyone enlighten me where it says that a sans-AP Tesla Model 3 is still available?
Where did Tesla say that? I read the blog as all cars will have AP. Period. Seems like these people just can’t read.

I think it is more complicated than that. They do want to spread the word about AP, so if more cars have it then more people will experience it, and so on. Also, I do think they want to make cars safer and their data shows that AP adds safety.

I think, honestly, since they separated out some of the more advanced features into FSD, the AP features bring the car more in-line to offerings on other cars in its price point.

Many people found it odd that TACC wasn't even included in the car. Now, you're getting autosteer and TACC "included".

I think it is more complicated than that. They do want to spread the word about AP, so if more cars have it then more people will experience it, and so on. Also, I do think they want to make cars safer and their data shows that AP adds safety.

My order (which I'm just sitting on) didn't have Autopilot. It's low value to me, since I live in an area of low traffic density and snowy winters where the lack of dumb cruise control fallback could be annoying.

Quote from article:

“This price change doesn’t apply to the $35,000 Model 3 with Standard Range battery, which consumers will still be able to buy without Autopilot, according to a spokesperson.”

Tesla’s $35,000 Model 3 is no longer available to order online

I haven’t seen a second source confirm this yet, but it does imply they actually spoke to someone at Tesla, not just read it from the blog.

Status
Not open for further replies.