Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AP1/MCU1 and Software V10

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Someone managed to revive it by sitting in their car for 5 minutes or so after having powered down the car. So sad to see the browser is still a pita.

My browser is running great! (compared to the unusable mess it was before). It's comparable to loading webpages on an older tablet but definitely usable now. Lost the function of the half screen browser like others have said but I never used that functionality of it before.

Yes, I think so. However, you can't resize the browser window any more. It occupies about 70% of the screen or it disappears, nothing in-between.
In my case the browser is completely dead after the update to v10.
Before it was ok, I could use it, and reboot the MCU may be once a month.

the problem in my case might be, that the update is not completed. When I came to the car, the MCU was black. A reset made it restart, and the version info shows v10.
However, I hope that the next update will install completely, and the browser will be back

In my case the browser is completely dead after the update to v10.
Before it was ok, I could use it, and reboot the MCU may be once a month.

the problem in my case might be, that the update is not completed. When I came to the car, the MCU was black. A reset made it restart, and the version info shows v10.
However, I hope that the next update will install completely, and the browser will be back
Try resetting your trips and navigation history to free up memory?

Does the V10 browser work well enough on an AP 1.0 MCU to run Tesla Waze ???

I use it all the time on V9...
On my way back from West Drayton SC earlier today and with 3 bars of LTE/4G teslawaze refused to load properly. I just got a black page. I tried to reload the page sites did repeatedly. Other sites loaded normally, e.g. abetterrouteplanner and bbc.co.uk (well, bbc.com because the car is identified as being foreign).

• Helpful
Reactions: BrokerDon
So after chargegate (affected, like all 85s) and batterygate (unaffected), I've been looking at TMC for feedback on each software version prior to installing. I got the notification for an install (I believe) Tuesday night, then another notice Wednesday. I've ignored them and not yet installed. When I got back out to the car after work yesterday afternoon, I suddenly had no update notification. Car is still on 2019.32.2.1 and reporting that software is up-to-date. Anyone else see the update for V10 pulled prior to installation?

So after chargegate (affected, like all 85s) and batterygate (unaffected), I've been looking at TMC for feedback on each software version prior to installing. I got the notification for an install (I believe) Tuesday night, then another notice Wednesday. I've ignored them and not yet installed. When I got back out to the car after work yesterday afternoon, I suddenly had no update notification. Car is still on 2019.32.2.1 and reporting that software is up-to-date. Anyone else see the update for V10 pulled prior to installation?

Same experience on my 2015 P85D. Saw update 2 days ago available notice on Tesla iOS app but held off after hearing that V10 browser wouldn't run Tesla Waze. Update notification no longer in my Tesla iOS app or on my P85D... which is OK with me while (hopefully) Tesla Waze functionality is restored.

FYI my P85D didn't have it's battery capacity restricted ("batterygate") but does seem to be have it's Supercharging speed restricted ("chargegate").

Last edited:
No update proposed, but still on 32.2.1 as well.

I had exactly this happen, although I have a 75D. Waiting for a consensus on any further Supercharging rate shenanigans with v10, so didn't load the update. Today the notification is gone and still on previous version. Delighted I don't have to deal with the nag screen.