Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AP1 ONLY Please -- life after 2018.50.6

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Figured I'd post an update for a bug on 2024.8.4 for those interested if you should or shouldn't update. If you value your suspension settings avoid updating until bug is fixed.

• Helpful
Reactions: BrownOuttaSpec
My S85D (AP1, MCU1) went into the service center this past weekend for the first time since 2021 (to change headlight bulbs and work off some minor recall items). While there they updated its software from 2022.8.10.16 to 2022.8.10.17, which as far as I can tell only changed the "telltale" font sizes. AP1 seems to operate for me as it did before.

Bruce.

While there they updated its software from 2022.8.10.16 to 2022.8.10.17, which as far as I can tell only changed the "telltale" font sizes. AP1 seems to operate for me as it did before.

Bruce.
Same. And another oddity this week. I got a full survey via email on my 8 year old Model X. Seems strange. Probably a mistake. I told them I basically still liked the car but had outstanding bugs introduced by Tesla years ago that have never been addressed and that I would like to see Tesla formally announce battery replacement upgrades for older models. Good luck with that. 🙂

Reactions: richrootes
My 2014 P85 (AP1, MCU1) had a software update notice available for a while but it hadn't actually downloaded yet. Then on a trip last weekend, I spent too much time at superchargers and apparently still had the Tesla WiFi password enabled. So now I have the update downloaded, with the dialog front and center every time I put the car into park.

Obviously, the danger is that it will either nerf my AP1 functionality or drop support for the radar sensors. Bruce's message is reassuring, though, and given it's the same upgrade from 2022.8.10.16 to 2022.8.10.17, I'll probably go ahead with it.

I'm still pretty happy with the battery life after 10 years. It had a 100% range of 265 miles when brand new. Its full charge as of last weekend is 252 miles, which is 95% of what it was back in 2014. Back then, I assumed I'd probably need a battery replacement after 8-10 years, but I also assumed battery prices would have dropped a lot more than they have.