Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AP1 ONLY Please -- life after 2018.50.6

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Using the canbus reader, and Scan My Tesla app, confirmed that both battery pumps run at 100% whenever the batt SOC is over 78-80%, and when you have V10.

This even happens at cool temps when driving at slow speeds down hill.

What does this do? Keep warmer batteries cooler and colder batteries warmer during higher SOC? Would it be advantages to set my charge limit to 78% to avoid wear and tear and slightly higher consumption to run the pumps?

What does this do? Keep warmer batteries cooler and colder batteries warmer during higher SOC? Would it be advantages to set my charge limit to 78% to avoid wear and tear and slightly higher consumption to run the pumps?
When the pump-running-at-80% issue first started, I dropped my daily charge from 80% to 75%.
These days it's 50% and I only have to charge weekly.

Probably evens out the temperatures to improve performance and prevent damage.
I guess could stay below 80% to avoid this running. Might be good to charge to 90% occasionally so the BMS can balance the batteries.

I was under the uimpression this requires charging to 100%. No?
No, I find my car calibrates all the time, and stays in pretty good balance although it has never been to 100% AFAIK.

A long time ago, it was reported the balancing occurs at 93% or above. After many updates and battery capping on some cars, doubt if that is still true.

I store it at 55%, sometimes for weeks. After a while, the range dropped a few miles. The last drive I did, went right back up to 266 RM after I charged to 82%.

I have seen similar behavior with any charge at or above 70%.

Since I got SMT and can see the batt balancing and history of charges, quite happy. Now I wish there was something I could do about the MCU1 besides wait for it to fail under warranty.

• Informative
Reactions: Barry
is that the only update in the notes?

IMG_0720.JPG