Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AP1 ONLY Please -- life after 2018.50.6

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Car is downloading 2020.48.26. Saw a tweet from green that sources are supposed to include tidal and Apple Music soon but prob not til a later release.

I missed this post earlier but looked it up: Tidal streaming does excite me in a big way, as I am a Tidal subscriber using it through Roon in my home system. Not sure what bit rate is possible in the car, and with the "old" AP1 at that, but my fingers are crossed.

https://twitter.com/greentheonly/status/1342994224967528449

Screen Shot 2020-12-29 at 7.01.54 AM.png

• Informative
Reactions: bhzmark
Received the “gift” of 2020.48.12.1 last night.

Sitting at the Gettysburg (v3) SC right now. Arrived at 8% SoC. Initial ramp-up hit 106 kW but it was not sustained.

Down to 82 kW at 10% and steadily dropped. At 25%, only 64 kW. At 45%, 55 kW. Currently at 57% with 44 kW. Back in October I was seeing SoC + kW of 105 to 110, now it is lower.

Battery is at 102F. Ambient temp 42F and rain. Set the SC as destination and got some preheating so the terrible rates were from an one cold battery pack.

Looks like 2020.48.12.1 cuts SC speeds again.

Quick summary of my SuC test. Compared to 2020.20.1, 2020.40.9.2 seemed to be slightly slower up to 40% SoC, but the same up to 70% SoC.

(SoC/new rate/old rate)

30/78/93
40/70/77
50/62/63
60/50/48
70/42/44
80/33/?

Had a chance to grab some Supercharging data last night with 2020.40.12.1:

85D, Amb 63°F, Supercharger set as Nav destination for 40 min, arrival at 5% remaining:

SoC/kW
05 / 128 (where initial ramp-up peaked - held this rate for 15ish seconds only)
10 / 105
15 / 092
20 / 086
25 / 081
30 / 078

The charging time to gain the 25% was roughly 15 min. At plug-in, the car's estimate to go 5% to 90% was 55 min, but had only decremented 10 min when I unplugged.

Took the plunge on 2020.48.12.1.....

Spotify improvements include the inability to play tracks from albums previously liked.

Had to add and like a new album before I could select tracks via touchscreen or wheel buttons.

Either that or Elon is angry at Grimes for some reason...

Took the plunge on 2020.48.12.1.....
Spotify improvements include the inability to play tracks from albums previously liked.
Had to add and like a new album before I could select tracks via touchscreen or wheel buttons.

For the longest time there was a bug in the Spotify app: When you like an Album, all songs were added to your favorites. So when adding an audio book with e.g.482 tracks your song list was stuffed. So I never added Albums but one ore more songs, thus the Album would be shown in the Albums list. With 2020.36.11 I noticed that all the Albums vanished. And now when I explicitly add an Album, no additional songs are added.

I like it that I now can add Albums without having all tracks being part of my list. But I do not like, that this was achieved by not showing the album from tracks I liked. Somehow they fixed something with the cost of another benefit, but perhaps this is how it is supposed to function? How does the Spotify app on Android/iOS behave? I am mostly using my Tesla onboard account/app and the Win 10 app...

BR! Oaito.

PS: I've compared the 2020.36.11 Spotify app behavior with my Win10 Spotify app, it seems to be the same, if I like a song has no effect on the Album list and vice versa.

Last edited:
We routinely charge to 90%. We had the hum about 6 months ago but haven’t (keeping fingers crossed) since September wheh I got an update that started the downhill crapping out of my Emmc (“it’s just bad firmware” tho) the service center pushed 2020.48.12.1 when it was there last week and still no hum. ....

Come to think of it I don't know if I have charged beyond 80% on the last few updates,......

Currently on 2020.48.12.1
Charged to 78% last night. (Odd, because I swear I set it to 70% but somehow it was charged to 78%...not the first time this has happened)
Finished charging at 9 pm last night, car still plugged in
As of 5:30 am coolant pumps are on (still? not sure if they ran all night, but I assume so), unplugged car
This is in a garage that is at 7 degrees Celsius
pumps still on at 6 am
pumps have stopped by 6:15 am
SOC 77%

Conclusion: this pump behaviour has not changed, on my car, over the past 6 months.

Have you experienced "No Internet Connection" on your Tesla? I have had this problem occur sporadically on our 2015 Tesla S 85. When there is no connection I cannot listen to Tune-in songs. Luckily I can get the local stations.

Is there a simple/quick fix for this?

Thanks.

Have you experienced "No Internet Connection" on your Tesla? I have had this problem occur sporadically on our 2015 Tesla S 85

Older cars (we have a 2013, you have a 2015) shipped with 3g cellular modems. The 3g network will reduce in coverage/quality as more devices age out and 4g (and higher) becomes the majority of devices. Tesla offers a 4g upgrade.

When our car goes out of 3g range, I use my phone and share hotspot to the car.

• Informative
Reactions: RobK and bmah
Older cars (we have a 2013, you have a 2015) shipped with 3g cellular modems. The 3g network will reduce in coverage/quality as more devices age out and 4g (and higher) becomes the majority of devices. Tesla offers a 4g upgrade.

When our car goes out of 3g range, I use my phone and share hotspot to the car.
I have a 12/14 p85d that came from the factory with 4g....is it because it was a p?

Finally got 2020.48.12.1 on the last day of the year (yesterday).

Did a one hour drive, which was a non event from a driving perspective... Let me take that back: it was a blast driving it, as usual :p

I do appreciate that I am now able to ensure my phone connects to BT, even when my wife and hers are in the car. For some reason, the car always favoured hers :)

Very happy with the new Spotify and Search.

I could confirm that listening to albums which are meant to be heard as one uninterrupted piece (ie Live concerts, like DM's 101) are now indeed played without any gap between the songs. Another one of those small but big improvement appreciated on a 5+ year old car.

And another one that I read about very recently: adding an album as a favourite does not add said album's songs in your favourites list.
So now I can add 101, Jim Gaffigan's albums,... as Album Favourites and not have each songs/gag in my Favourites' playlist. Make it so much more convenient !

Lastly... don't know yet if this is just luck or they actually fixed it: "Scheduled Departure" charging charged to the 90% successfully. So far, it used to charge to 80 or 70% depending on ... (moon, planet alignment, ... not sure :rolleyes:)

All in all, good update for me.

Finally got 2020.48.12.1 on the last day of the year (yesterday).

Did a one hour drive, which was a non event from a driving perspective... Let me take that back: it was a blast driving it, as usual :p

I actually performed an operation on autopilot that has never happened before.

I was able to change lanes when neither blue lines appeared in the cluster display. Both lanes were covered with snow/sand and neither were picked up by the camera, which means they do not show as blue. Sometimes the painted lines show as gray, sometimes nothing at all. One cannot engage autopilot in this case, but if autopilot is already engaged it will continue to function (obviously this is time for one to put their hands on the wheel, and most often one needs to take over as it can get a little dicey). On autopilot I engaged the turn signal, and normally as we know the blue line would turn dashed, and then it would start the lane change. This time, no dashes, as there were no blue lines, and yet the car went over into the left lane successfully! Impressive, considering sometimes even with dry roads and well painted lines lane change still does not engage for various reasons.

I know we are all well-informed in the fact that there have been no more autopilot changes regarding the mobil-eye system, I have not noticed any differences in over a year, but some of the last AP changes I noticed were regarding lane changing. I have never had this situation happen before. Mind you it is not something I have tried repeatedly last winter.

TL:dR. Never before has the car completed a lane change without first seeing the dashed blue line in the cluster screen.

Very happy with the new Spotify and Search.

I could confirm that listening to albums which are meant to be heard as one uninterrupted piece (ie Live concerts, like DM's 101) are now indeed played without any gap between the songs. Another one of those small but big improvement appreciated on a 5+ year old car.

And another one that I read about very recently: adding an album as a favourite does not add said album's songs in your favourites list.
So now I can add 101, Jim Gaffigan's albums,... as Album Favourites and not have each songs/gag in my Favourites' playlist. Make it so much more convenient !

2 steps forward with Spotify streaming and 1 step back with USB.