Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AP1 Unlock Unavailable in MyTesla?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have AP1 hardware but didn’t purchase the software option during delivery. It seems Tesla no longer offer the software update for AP1 cars. When I called Service all they could do is add autopilot software for AP2 which cannot be loaded to my car (surprise!).

Wonder why Tesla removes the option that could bring in additional cash.

Did you pay the $2000 promo price or $3K? Also, is it the same as AP2 vehicle where it is just lane keeping or does it include lane change on turn signal and summon? I was wonder if the AP1 cars have the features split up like the AP2 cars? I send an email to Tesla once the promotion stated asking for the upgrade and got an email 5 weeks later after the promo ended saying I needed a service appointment and they should honor the promo price because of my request email. The rep said he will contact the service center for me to confirm the price. My appoint is setup for the 19th of April, so I will see.
This was mid last year at some point, didn't know of any offers at that point. Summon and lane change with turn signal work fine no problem, didn't even know these were split up on AP2 cars.

• Love
Reactions: pedriscoll
It looks like Autopilot version 1 cars can now be enabled over the air again. This has not been available in my Tesla page for a while and now it is for $3000. It does not mention only Lane Keeping, so I think it includes summon and lane change on turn signal. This would be more features than the $3K Lane keeping on new cars.

It looks like Autopilot version 1 cars can now be enabled over the air again. This has not been available in my Tesla page for a while and now it is for $3000. It does not mention only Lane Keeping, so I think it includes summon and lane change on turn signal. This would be more features than the $3K Lane keeping on new cars.

Good catch! Also showing up in my account between "Model S Payment" and "Charging Installation" sections.

Anyone able to get AP1 purchased for $2000 as communicated in March?
I have been trying to order since the lower price was announced, and the Sales person keeps telling me that Tesla is still trying to figure how let me order it, since the purchase option disappeared from my profile since March.

Anyone able to get AP1 purchased for $2000 as communicated in March?
I have been trying to order since the lower price was announced, and the Sales person keeps telling me that Tesla is still trying to figure how let me order it, since the purchase option disappeared from my profile since March.

I have an appointment next week to activate AP1. I emailed Tesla when it was $2K and they said the service center should honor the price, but we will see.

If anyone does get the AP1 unlock, I'd be curious what the time is from purchase to unlocked, i.e. instantly after hitting buy, downloads after the credit card charge clears, available immediately after the service visit, etc.

I wanted to give an update on my AP1 upgrade. I picked up my car yesterday from the Burbank service center and they used the emails from when I contacted Tesla during the $2K promotion to upgrade me on April 23rd for $2K. I have lane keeping and summon. They also took care of the passenger airbag recall, steering bolt service bulletin and lift gate drain plug retrofit. Paperwork shows, "Calibrated vehicle to highway autopilot and perform function test" to enable AP1. Total price - $2001.04.

they used the emails from when I contacted Tesla during the $2K promotion to upgrade me on April 23rd for $2K

Thanks for sharing that, great to hear the SC honored the promotion. So far I am still waiting on price confirmation since the promotion was announced. Sales dep keeps telling me to wait until HQ has given them clearance and guidance. After reading your update I have now made an appointment with my local SC in Chicago as well. I also still need the airbag recall to be done. Who did help you at the Burbank SC?

Thanks for sharing that, great to hear the SC honored the promotion. So far I am still waiting on price confirmation since the promotion was announced. Sales dep keeps telling me to wait until HQ has given them clearance and guidance. After reading your update I have now made an appointment with my local SC in Chicago as well. I also still need the airbag recall to be done. Who did help you at the Burbank SC?

His name was Nelson. Good luck.