Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AP2 / 8.1 : "Cruise Not Available"-AP intermittently not working in 17.11.{3,10} versions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Fantastic. What did they have to do?
At my last couple of visits, they first refused to look deeper into the issue and stated it was still a firmware issue. After I found out 17.17.4 fixed the AP issue, I realized if I don't act tough my issue will not be fixed quickly. Last visit I went straight to their manager and stated the issue. Manager promised me they will give me a X to drive and I can keep it as long as my car get fixed. (Before I never got a X as loaner even my car is X 100D) and next day my car was fixed.

Attachments

• IMG_1334.jpg
    IMG_1334.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 84
Well this sucks. I have this same problem today. I got in my car after parking at a store for 10 minutes and started driving and noticed my headlights are on when its sunny out and no cruise control or autopilot. No cars are showing up in front of me on the display. I tried restarting and everything I could think of and still not working.

I have the same software that came with the car in June: 8.14.3, I havent had one issue yet with this version... I tried calling the service center but just sat on hold for 20 mins and couldnt even talk to anyone. I'll try again later I guess.

Have the similar issue where my EAP on Model 3 (RWD) does not show any cars or lanes intermittently. Once I stop the car and walk away and come back in few mins its back to normal. The issue is intermittent and the car picks when it wants to give up. Tesla Dublin Service Center wanted to look at it next month as its a special appointment type. Asked me to note down the date and times when it occur. Am on 28.2 version.

hi @FlasherZ , @Tomnook @pox, @coqui33 I have seen lot of posts since 2017 and I am running into similar issues of no autopilot / tacc available along with headlights always on on my recently(July 2018) purchased Model 3 RWD with 600 miles. Were any of you got this fixed? Any fixes that you got for your cars would help resolve mine too. Have an appointment to get this looked in couple of weeks. Looking for any potential solutions from fellow members. Thanks

hi @FlasherZ , @Tomnook @pox, @coqui33 I have seen lot of posts since 2017 and I am running into similar issues of no autopilot / tacc available along with headlights always on on my recently(July 2018) purchased Model 3 RWD with 600 miles. Were any of you got this fixed? Any fixes that you got for your cars would help resolve mine too. Have an appointment to get this looked in couple of weeks. Looking for any potential solutions from fellow members. Thanks

Mine was fixed with a firmware update.

At my last couple of visits, they first refused to look deeper into the issue and stated it was still a firmware issue. After I found out 17.17.4 fixed the AP issue, I realized if I don't act tough my issue will not be fixed quickly. Last visit I went straight to their manager and stated the issue. Manager promised me they will give me a X to drive and I can keep it as long as my car get fixed. (Before I never got a X as loaner even my car is X 100D) and next day my car was fixed.
Has this problem stayed working ?
Ed

Driver assist has failed three times. Now on second camera with immediate failure. When mobile unplugged and replugged the second camera it worked while driving to SC for replacement. Don't think a third camera will do. Could it be a bad wire harness or an ECU failure as mentioned above? How do I go higher in the SC hierarchy to get a fix. If this doesn't work, it's lemon law time.