TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

AP2 car without EAP enabled tried to steer with no obstacle

Discussion in 'Model S' started by sparkypete, Oct 5, 2017.

Tags:
  1. sparkypete

sparkypete Member

I did not buy EAP because I was worried about the problems I've heard about.

On a narrow slipway this morning - about 50mph, wet road and sunny, the car beeped a few times and tried to turn right which would have crashed. Luckily I had my hands firmly on the wheel.

Presumably the emergency collision detection thought something was going to happen.

Anyone else had this?

2. Sir Guacamolaf

Sir Guacamolaf The good kind of fat

Happens sometimes even on AP1. I’d rather have it give me false beeps than to miss a beep. False beeps are quite rare though. Maybe once every 2-3 months.

• Informative x 1
  3. RDoc

RDoc S85D

I've never had my AP1 car attempt to steer when AP was disengaged. Maybe twice total it's had a false alarm for a phantom obstacle, but it only braked, never steered.

4. JonG

JonG Member

Is lane departure warning turned on (or whatever its called)? I've turned it off but the time I had it on I got a vibration more than steering. There's also side collision thing where I believe it will try and move you away from a side swipe which may be more likely, but as I've AP I'm not sure what you do and don;t get without it.