Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

App & .com queries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Delivery day was yesterday so still getting to grips with everything and noticed some things that I could with assistance with:

The .com dashboard, When I try to add a car purchased from a third party, I get this error...

Claim.jpg

The car is leased (Lex) so is it a case of waiting for something to happen at their end? Otherwise how do I add the wife so she can use her own app for the car?

And the app itself is grand, but under UPGRADES I only have accessories. The car hasn't got premium connectivity and I'd like to add it (have read some lease companies include it, but there's no 30 day trial or anything).

Again, is this something that has to happen at the lease company before they appear?

Any help greatly appreciated!

There are all questions for your Leasing company, different firms seem to run it in different ways. You won't be able to become the owner as that's the lease company, typically they add you as an additional driver.

Reactions: Rocko
Contacting the leasing company was right. They've added the new driver and got an answer, albeit a disappointing one, ref: Premium Connectivity...

At present, Premium Connectivity is automatically removed for the drivers of leased vehicles as there isn’t yet a way for them to pay for the service via their Tesla App / online Tesla Account.

This won’t last forever as our development team are working on implementing a payment method.

The lease company has the master account which has access to upgrades etc. you’ll be granted a secondary account by then which gives a subset and fine for everyday stuff. Pretty sure you’ll not be able to add your wife although she can log in using the same account as you, or you need to ask your lease company to add her account as well.

Premium connectivity is an odd one, there are plenty of stories of premium connectivity remaining on leased cars at seemingly at no extra cost but this may well be down to which lease company is doing it.

I give up, you're wondering why the "add a car purchased from a third party" doesn't work when you leased a new car (which can only be bought from Tesla)?

New cars get 30 days. If yours didn't then it sounds like the lease company has had the car for 30 days before giving it to you and its expried before you took the car. Or, it's not been activated in anybodies account, including the lease company, by Tesla yet and so the clock hasn't started running. Either way, all you can do is talk to the lease company.

I've got a M3LR leased from LEX, Dec21. Mine has premium connectivity.

I've not paid anything for it, it came with the car.

You won't get all the features in the app, as we're addition drivers. Others can see their charge history but I cannot.

I've got a private plate to add but haven't gotten around to contact them about it yet.

My lease car is due next week, leased from Zen Auto, and I would be seriously pissed off if I couldn’t get Premium connectivity. Does that mean you can’t access things like Netflix and Spotify.

I was hoping I would get it for free like a lot of other lease companies but at the very least I would like the opportunity to pay for it.

The advice from Lex doesn’t sound right though as surely as they are the biggest lease company out there and this would have impacted way more people?

My lease car is due next week, leased from Zen Auto, and I would be seriously pissed off if I couldn’t get Premium connectivity. Does that mean you can’t access things like Netflix and Spotify.

I was hoping I would get it for free like a lot of other lease companies but at the very least I would like the opportunity to pay for it.

The advice from Lex doesn’t sound right though as surely as they are the biggest lease company out there and this would have impacted way more people?
I have a car on order from zen auto too. I’m intrigued whether you have / can get premium connectivity?

I was hoping I could get the acceleration boost also on my long range. Not sure if that’ll be possible either?

I have a car on order from zen auto too. I’m intrigued whether you have / can get premium connectivity?

I was hoping I could get the acceleration boost also on my long range. Not sure if that’ll be possible either?
Mine arrives tomorrow.

From talking to a few others on here it should have premium connectivity for free.

I understand you can get acceleration boost but you have to book a service appointment rather than just pay through the app.

Mine arrives tomorrow.

From talking to a few others on here it should have premium connectivity for free.

I understand you can get acceleration boost but you have to book a service appointment rather than just pay through the app.
Mine arrives tomorrow.

Mine arrives tomorrow.

Oooh exciting, I’m jealous, I’m waiting for a delivery day. But I’m week 2 into the 8/9 week delivery lead time. That’s great, thanks for letting me know - would be gutted if I couldn’t get them both.

Enjoy delivery day!! :)