Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

App is getting 500 server error. Cant connect.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here we go lol , welcome to technology, pure garbage , car has a few months and now the app won’t connect. Funny to read forums with more than a year old when people has hope that it will be resolve with the next “ update” but not , pure bs , reboot the app , reboot the car , nothing fix it , let see tomorrow , welcome to the world of “ rebooting “ what a joke .
you may not be right for this century. its true that the people who were ”left stranded” by this remote server outage are the ones who refused to learn about their new cars features, or are complete technophobes. A third possibility is non-owner trolls. Not sure which camp you fall in. The rest of us drove around happily all day, with a half day, first world problem of not being able to remotely preheat the cabin.

Unless you are completely logging out of the app on your phone, this outage should have not affected your ability to unlock and drive the car. The key function to unlock (and start) the car is done via bluetooth between your phone and the car and does not rely on Tesla servers. Cell service to phone and the car is not 100%, Tesla would not design the key to rely on remote servers. Tesla clearly explains how this functions in the owners manual and also that you should carry a physical card key incase your phone is not working or dead. Owners need to get educated and the media needs to report the facts, not sensationalize the outage as stranding drivers.

Reactions: Spuzzz
My app will still not connect. I don't get the server error message as I did yesterday but it says "last seen a day ago" and the location is still where I was yesterday. Any ideas on how much longer I may be experiencing this behavior?
I’m in the same boat in NJ. Force closed the app and still not updating. No impact to vehicle operation at all, just no ability to access controls to the car from the app. Also showing last seen a day ago

in 2.5 years of owning a Tesla this is the first time that I've had any problem connecting via the app. During that same period I've had several DOZEN power outages (one lasting several days) and even more internet outages. So I guess the power and internet companies are "pure garbage" too.
my phone has never failed to unlock my car. I do keep it unlocked at home so I only need the phone about 1/2 the time to get in. I usually put it on the charging pad so it will be in my hand as I open the door. But if I'm just going to say the post office, I usually put it in my shirt pocket and go. Occasionally in the house I'll have trouble connecting to say start pre-heating but that seems to be a sleep issue.

Unless you are completely logging out of the app on your phone, this outage should have not affected your ability to unlock and drive the car.
Our MY is being delivered via Carrier Direct on Monday. My understanding is that walk-away locking is enabled in this case so if you're not present the cards are left in the glove-box and the car locks after the interval. This could be a problem if your phone couldn't be remotely "paired" to your car for whatever reason. I was told that in that circumstance you call mobile service who can unlock your car.

Naturally this isn't an issue for most people.

Our MY is being delivered via Carrier Direct on Monday. My understanding is that walk-away locking is enabled in this case so if you're not present the cards are left in the glove-box and the car locks after the interval. This could be a problem if your phone couldn't be remotely "paired" to your car for whatever reason. I was told that in that circumstance you call mobile service who can unlock your car.

Naturally this isn't an issue for most people.
I'm not aware that a phone can be remotely paired. When I picked mine up, they paired it the same way as I do now. With the key card. That said, no I have no idea how the remote delivery method works.

I'm not aware that a phone can be remotely paired.
I probably made some assumptions. What I was told was:
1) The delivery service driver leaves the keys in the glove box.
2) The driver notifies Tesla that a car (VIN) has been unloaded/delivered.
and I can see that 3) there's an Accept Delivery button in the app.

I assume the car isn't left unlocked after delivery and that accepting delivery unlocks the car -- both are easy enough if the management network is running and the car is on-line. Remote (i.e. without using a key) pairing not required.

I probably made some assumptions. What I was told was:
1) The delivery service driver leaves the keys in the glove box.
2) The driver notifies Tesla that a car (VIN) has been unloaded/delivered.
and I can see that 3) there's an Accept Delivery button in the app.

I assume the car isn't left unlocked after delivery and that accepting delivery unlocks the car -- both are easy enough if the management network is running and the car is on-line. Remote (i.e. without using a key) pairing not required.
that could be. Good luck on delivery and let us known how it went/worked.

Still having a issue over here… Not able to see no charge unless I go into my car…

Attachments

• 0B060BB0-F9B3-42A2-A295-AE2965F64360.jpeg
    0B060BB0-F9B3-42A2-A295-AE2965F64360.jpeg
    152.9 KB · Views: 82
I am kind of amused by people posting, "same here, same there, same here, same there, ..."

The App is so damn bloody reliable, that people forgot that opening through the App remotely is only an additional convenience feature, not the primary method to unlock your car. You can open by the App communicating through Bluetooth without any internet connection at all, and also if that fails you have a damn keycard or keyfob that will open the car the old fashioned way. Just think about this: There are many places you had driven and parked where there was no internet connection. How did your car open then?

If you don't have your keycard or keyfob on you, then you are stu**d. It is your problem. As they say, "It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious"

I am kind of amused by people posting, "same here, same there, same here, same there, ..."

The App is so damn bloody reliable, that people forgot that opening through the App remotely is only an additional convenience feature, not the primary method to unlock your car. You can open by the App communicating through Bluetooth without any internet connection at all, and also if that fails you have a damn keycard or keyfob that will open the car the old fashioned way. Just think about this: There are many places you had driven and parked where there was no internet connection. How did your car open then?

If you don't have your keycard or keyfob on you, then you are stu**d. It is your problem. As they say, "It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious"
Don't forget the third non-cell service option if your phone device has NFC: hold it on the driver's side B-pillar where you'd hold the keycard.