Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

App is getting 500 server error. Cant connect.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm curious how many of the people who checked that they were back up STAYED back up. I was able to connect to my car once about 20 minutes ago and not at all since then,

I may actually have to walk out to my car to make my Friday afternoon percentage bump. #FirstWorldProblems

Reactions: SidetrackedSue
Same. Can’t get into my car.

Connecting to car and starting it uses phone's Bluetooth and does not require Tesla servers to pass through. While the app still can't access the car remotely though.

So how come some folks say they are “stranded”? I have the error message yet I just started my Y and drove it around the block. Still confused.

Reactions: Spuzzz
Southern CA here… was supposed to take delivery at SC this afternoon and was not able to get the car unlocked. (Key card was literally inside the car so the only way is to unlock thru the app) No text/phone/email whatsoever from Tesla to inform us about the issue until we drove there and checked in. So we basically wasted half day of our PTO and needed to go back again. Based on the previous posts this connection issue doesn’t happen that often… Should I go buy lottery if I’m that lucky?? Lol

So how come some folks say they are “stranded”? I have the error message yet I just started my Y and drove it around the block. Still confused.
I saw something about if you signed out of the app you may not be able to sign back in. So my guess would be if they signed out and tried to sign back in and couldn't sign back in then the phone wouldn't work as key? I don't feel bad for those people, if you don't carry a key card for backup then you get what you get.

The 3 and the Y use Bluetooth to connect to the car from your phone. Unless things have changed, to use your phone to unlock an S or X requires an internet connection which goes to the server (which is down). That's why many S & X owners use a key fob and not their phones.

I know this used to be the case - not sure if this has changed in the new Ss and Xs.

• Informative
Reactions: Driver08
Here we go lol , welcome to technology, pure garbage , car has a few months and now the app won’t connect. Funny to read forums with more than a year old when people has hope that it will be resolve with the next “ update” but not , pure bs , reboot the app , reboot the car , nothing fix it , let see tomorrow , welcome to the world of “ rebooting “ what a joke .