Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

App keeps reverting to Scheduled Departure

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can't for the life of me get my MY and my app to stay on scheduled charging. Pre-v11 this wasn't an issue, but since v11 came out I made the mistake of setting it to scheduled departure once to test it out, and now every time I plugged in it automatically sets itself to scheduled departure at 9pm which charges the car right in the middle of my double cost non-peak TOU hours, and if, like last night, I get home late and tired and forget to go to the app and set it back to scheduled charge, I'll wake up with an uncharged car like I did this morning. Nothing like starting the day at 28%.

Any idea why this is going on and how I can fix it?

Hi, are you saying that we should disable/forget WiFi, set Scheduled Charging and then reenable WiFi and the car will stop toggling between Scheduled Charging and Scheduled Departure?
Yes. This exact situation happened to me and my theory is the Tesla computer is using whatever location that the wifi network provides to mark where that scheduled departure location is at. So when you set your scheduled charging for (wifi networks location) it immediately switches back to your LTE-triangulated location when you "wake up" the car to drive with the brake pedal.

I wish I would have gotten a recording of it, but I saw the charging options change real time when I put my foot on the brake one time. That's when I came up with the idea to forget my homes wifi. Been working solid ever since.

• Informative
Reactions: BnGrm
I can't for the life of me get my MY and my app to stay on scheduled charging. Pre-v11 this wasn't an issue, but since v11 came out I made the mistake of setting it to scheduled departure once to test it out, and now every time I plugged in it automatically sets itself to scheduled departure at 9pm which charges the car right in the middle of my double cost non-peak TOU hours, and if, like last night, I get home late and tired and forget to go to the app and set it back to scheduled charge, I'll wake up with an uncharged car like I did this morning. Nothing like starting the day at 28%.

Any idea why this is going on and how I can fix it?
I have exact same problem with my 2018 3 and just started in 2022
Yes. This exact situation happened to me and my theory is the Tesla computer is using whatever location that the wifi network provides to mark where that scheduled departure location is at. So when you set your scheduled charging for (wifi networks location) it immediately switches back to your LTE-triangulated location when you "wake up" the car to drive with the brake pedal.

I wish I would have gotten a recording of it, but I saw the charging options change real time when I put my foot on the brake one time. That's when I came up with the idea to forget my homes wifi. Been working solid ever since.
i live in condo building where I can’t get WiFi in the garage. I update my software driving around with my personal hotspot on. How might forget my WiFi to solve this “home” issue (which sounds like a viable cause) if I don’t have a home WiFi connection ?