Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Appetite for Octopus Agile x Tesla Powerwall App?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pondering making an app that just links your Tesla Powerwall schedule to Octopus Agile rates automatically... nothing to setup, just download the app and plugin your Tesla API key... it'd just pull daily and set up a schedule; nothing too fancy, but would be able to adjust for plunge pricing etc.

What's the appetite for that?

Reactions: Fly.guy and Js1977
How likely is it to give cheaper power then the max simpler option of Octopus IO? Agile seems to be overpriced compared to IO.
It is always a bit of crystal ball gazing, but for some without any battery storage (and thereby shifting more consumption to the cheaper rate) and/or solar the Agile pricing can provide a savings. And not everyone is eligible for IO. For us, IO seems the clear winner but I understand it will depend on the circumstances of each home and their energy usage patterns and needs.

Pondering making an app that just links your Tesla Powerwall schedule to Octopus Agile rates automatically... nothing to setup, just download the app and plugin your Tesla API key... it'd just pull daily and set up a schedule; nothing too fancy, but would be able to adjust for plunge pricing etc.

What's the appetite for that?
Sounds Good.
A feature to automatically enroll on DFS Saving sessions and adjust rates & times would also be good.
I am not sure if Agile will be financially better than Flux come March / April.
Maybe the app could also review your usage stats to work out the best Octopus Tarrif and when to switch?

I have a setup with 2x Powerwalls, an ASHP, PV, an EV and Agile. It would be impressive if an app could juggle all of those variables, along with projected solar production (from PV) and estimated heat demanded from the ASHP then that would be seriously impressive.

Pondering making an app that just links your Tesla Powerwall schedule to Octopus Agile rates automatically

I'm surprised SOMEONE hasn't done a TeslaFi-like "APP" for PowerWalls

I want to be able to do all sorts of stuff with mine, integrated to the car (in the sense that if plenty-of-sun is predicted tomorrow, and the car is at home, and if the battery is not already at high SoC, and fi I have said that I am going to do X miles the following day, then THIS is the preferred plan for tomorrow.

For that to work it would require some inputs - Am I HOME/AWAY tomorrow. How many miles TOMORROW and DAY AFTER. Tomorrow will there be: BAKING / VISITOR EV TO CHARGE / GUESTS STAYING etc. - i.e. a variety of scenarios which can have an associated energy-profile (in general terms)

Some of these things are moot in current "export everything" vogue (Battery charged from Off peak, exported at best-tariff and ALL excess PV production). But that is a recent opportunity, and I have no idea if we will still have that in a decade, six months time ... or ever after Next Tuesday ...

So something that let me set some parameters / schedules / IF THEN ELSE would be very helpful. It also needs to log "everything" - like TeslaFi et al do, as that would be the basis for deciding, using retrospective data, the best way of solving a new power pricing scheme ... or a new household usage pattern.

Reactions: Js1977