Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Apple Music "like" button

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've noticed another issue with Apple Music (besides the missing like button).....as it's playing music, there's the "plus sign" in the control panel that's supposed to indicate if you already have this song in your library or not. I'm running into mulitple examples where the song is already in my library, but the + is there to indicate it's not in my library. In fact, I can play one of my own Apple play lists in the car....and all the songs in the play list are by definition already in my library.....but the control panel gives me the option to add them to the library. A few times, I went ahead and hit the + sign to add them to the library, then when home I go on my Mac into Music, and the song is in there twice.....once the original, plus the new one I added from my car.

Strange......by the way, anyone out there using Spotify in their Tesla.....does that app have like and dislike buttons?

I've noticed another issue with Apple Music (besides the missing like button).....as it's playing music, there's the "plus sign" in the control panel that's supposed to indicate if you already have this song in your library or not. I'm running into mulitple examples where the song is already in my library, but the + is there to indicate it's not in my library. In fact, I can play one of my own Apple play lists in the car....and all the songs in the play list are by definition already in my library.....but the control panel gives me the option to add them to the library. A few times, I went ahead and hit the + sign to add them to the library, then when home I go on my Mac into Music, and the song is in there twice.....once the original, plus the new one I added from my car.

Strange......by the way, anyone out there using Spotify in their Tesla.....does that app have like and dislike buttons?
Could be due to most songs being available in lossless now. I know when that feature first came out, you could delete your old versions and it would re-download the lossless version. Maybe you have the lossless version and Tesla is giving you the option to download the non-lossless version because that’s all it can play. Then when you get home, your mac has both. Just a theory, but you might check the metadata on the two versions on your Mac.

In fact, I can play one of my own Apple play lists in the car....and all the songs in the play list are by definition already in my library.....but the control panel gives me the option to add them to the library.
Not disputing that you're running into an issue - however, I just wanted to clarify that it is possible to have a song in one of your Apple Music playlists, that is not in your Library.

Not disputing that you're running into an issue - however, I just wanted to clarify that it is possible to have a song in one of your Apple Music playlists, that is not in your Library.
ahh correct, sorry. In my case, I made my play lists from my library.

One thing I noticed also, is that when I added a song to the library from the Tesla, it also "liked" it with a heart when I check my library on my Mac.

For sure, love having Apple Music now, .....but, it's a little funky how it's working.

Just got my new Tesla 3 (*does happy dance*) and noticed that Apple Music doesn't automatically start when I get in even though it was on when I left the car. Is this normal? Need to select audio every time.
Mine automatically continues playing sometimes, and other times it doesn’t. I haven’t yet figured out what the pattern is. One thing I _have_ noticed though, is in the case where it doesn’t restart, and says to select the audio source as you describe, sometimes I can just click the left button on the steering wheel and it will start playing again.