Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Apple Music - What does the “+” icon do?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What does the “+” icon do when playing music?? I press it and it turns into a check mark… but what did it do?

Attachments

• BBBBB8A0-EE2A-4C10-A226-0DDC0BC89DE2.jpeg
    BBBBB8A0-EE2A-4C10-A226-0DDC0BC89DE2.jpeg
    339.2 KB · Views: 214
yeah it isn't the normal icon for Apple Music on our devices.....but you can test it......it appears to add the song to your music library. It doesn't stick it in any playlist, just adds it. Also, if you already had the song loaded in your library, but maybe from a CD you ripped, it adds the Apple Music version also, so now you have it twice.

The thing that's confusing to me, there's no way to "like" or "dislike" a song with this interface. I've asked on this forum last month whether Spotify has a like dislike option on the Tesla interface, no one answered. Seems strange to me, but we'll have to see how this develops in the future.

does anyone know if Spotify has a like or dislike option on the Tesla interface?
Yes, Spotify has a like button in the shape of a heart. All songs or albums hearted appear in a playlist called liked songs. Spotify also allows unlike ability whereas Apple Music only allows the add (+) icon. Currently there is also no way to manage the music library in the car for Apple Music. We can add music with the plus icon and it will appear in the library but there is no way to remove the song. We need to pull out our devices to do that.

Reactions: surfrasch