Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Apple Music

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got new firmware and now Car Play is broke :( Service team did their best but they told me this issue will be resolved in the next update. Kinda sucks now I have to wait who know how long to get my music back.

btw...issue is that Apply music keeps spinning when push play. Did hard reset, re-upload firmware etc.

Just thought I would pass this along but if you had the same issue and was able to get it to work please pass along yout tips :)

Got new firmware and now Car Play is broke ....
Just a quick correction. It is not CarPlay. CarPlay is an Apple App on the iPhone that runs on the iPhone and just sends the image to the car's display. The Apple Music App on your Tesla is an independent (dosn't need iPhone) Apple Music App that is developed by Tesla to look and work about the same as Apple Music. Many of the issues are Tesla bugs related. Hopefully Tesla will spend a little more time and polish up the App some.

Weird bug this morning. Went to gym and soon after I started my iPhone stopped playing. Got the message that was trying to play on more than one device and would I like to update. Just hit play and it started. A few minutes later the same thing. Of course thought it was my iPhone so restated but it happened again. My next thought was Apple was having iCloud issues. It happened over 10x in 1½ hours. When I got back in my Tesla I got the spinng wheel. Hitting track advance didn't do anything. I tried to change Playlists and even source but nothing worked and it was stuck. Had to reboot my MCU and it stated back working.

So it appears my Tesla's Apple Music App was sending sporadic "I Playing" pings to Apple and causing my iPhone to stop playback.