Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

APR for Financing Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What is the best 72 month loan anyone has found (preferably from most can join source)?

I've searched around a few times these past couple weeks and haven't been able to find a 72 month loan with a lower rate than what Tesla is offering through their partners. If anyone does end up finding something please let the rest of us know!

Tesla told me a few mins ago they've seen 2.5 to 3.5% come through for their buyers depending on terms/credit score. They didn't tell me if it was a specific bank or CU or if they 'shop' it to find the best rate. My CU will do 1.94 on 60 and 2.49 on 72. I don't want the extra hard pull on my credit if Tesla can't match or beat my CU. Anyone that can share what Tesla's actual offers are would be helpful. Thanks!

Tesla told me a few mins ago they've seen 2.5 to 3.5% come through for their buyers depending on terms/credit score. They didn't tell me if it was a specific bank or CU or if they 'shop' it to find the best rate. My CU will do 1.94 on 60 and 2.49 on 72. I don't want the extra hard pull on my credit if Tesla can't match or beat my CU. Anyone that can share what Tesla's actual offers are would be helpful. Thanks!

I'll answer my own question. I just got this from Tesla:

"In regards to financing, I have not seen any banks offering as low as a 1.99 for Model 3. I have seen APRs of 2.5-3.5, but I have seen some applicants receive as low as a 2%. Our banks also do not match, however, your banking institution may match one of our direct lenders. Our banks are Chase, TD Bank, US Bank, and Wells Fargo. You may reach out to them if you’d like to have more ideas on your lending options. Our credit team solely acts as a liaison between the customer and these banks."

Once you have one hard pull you will not acquire anymore for 14 days. Shop around.

Experian lists each inquiry that is made into your file for two years, so that you have a complete record of who has reviewed your credit history, but they will only be counted as one inquiry when calculating the score.

Once you have one hard pull you will not acquire anymore for 14 days. Shop around.

Experian lists each inquiry that is made into your file for two years, so that you have a complete record of who has reviewed your credit history, but they will only be counted as one inquiry when calculating the score.

It’s 14 days for mortgages. It’s 3 days for auto loans.

PenFed 1.49% 36mo.

I just went through Penfed using their $17 contribution method and booked 1.49% for 36 months over the phone (their online system doesn't yet have 2018 Tesla options available). 15 minutes, fully confirmed, no problems other than needing to eventually upload a purchase order.

I understand the original past was asking for 72 months, Penfed quotes 3.24% for that duration.