Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

April 2022 Model Y Order - Expected Delivery time UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey Guys,

Sorry super new to this. We ordered our Model Y LR last week. Annoyingly the week before we ordered, the expected delivery time on the website was showing July for our Spec but when we went to order in the showroom the following week it had a changed to Sep. I logged onto our account today and it is now saying Expected delivery 11th June to 30th June. How accurate is this as thats quite a big jump from Sep back up to June! (No complaints though if this is the case!)

Before the Tesla we put an order in for another car last July and the company decided to cancel our order couple of weeks ago hence the Tesla purchase! As you can imagine after waiting almost a year with no car at the end of it, I would love to know how Tesla have been with delivery timescales etc.

So I called Tesla, again, today and they told me they only deliver at the end of a quarter so anyone who’s been told august, it was a mistake and they meant September. I ordered in march and the lady on the phone told me it’s “unlikely” it would be delivered in September but could possibly be December, even though my original delivery was May. What a joke of a business.

Upvote 0
So I called Tesla, again, today and they told me they only deliver at the end of a quarter so anyone who’s been told august, it was a mistake and they meant September. I ordered in march and the lady on the phone told me it’s “unlikely” it would be delivered in September but could possibly be December, even though my original delivery was May. What a joke of a business.
It's ridiculous... I ordered the MYLR because I didn't want to wait the estimated delivery time for the performance of "late 22" ... might aswell of ordered the performance one now.

Upvote 0
I appreciate that Tesla told you this directly but it sounds like complete nonsense. Do you really think people only ever receive a Tesla in one of 4 months a year? Especially considering the backlog of orders they have, do you think they’d sit on orders for up to 3 months just so they can deliver at the end of a quarter.

Upvote 0
Today my delivery date changed from the 10th -30th of September to the 6th -30th of September, probably means nothing because still no vin showing on the app and considering originally my delivery date was the 6th of June I'm not holding out much hope.
However it was nice to see it move 4 days earlier
I really would like to think these minor changes are to “fine tune” the EDDs and nothing else. I still have no further EDD change since last week and no VIN (source code) yet. EDD 4-30 Sep, base spec, beginning of April order.

Reactions: Sparky750
Upvote 0
Order confirmed with Tesla on 27th April, MYLR, White, black interior, 19’ wheels. Ordered through my company leasing SG Fleet so not getting updates from Tesla which is annoying.
EDD1 July
EED2 30th Nov
EED3 30th Sept
Not wanting to get excited but that September date seems to be a few of us so fingers crossed!

Upvote 0
Order confirmed with Tesla on 27th April, MYLR, White, black interior, 19’ wheels. Ordered through my company leasing SG Fleet so not getting updates from Tesla which is annoying.
EDD1 July
EED2 30th Nov
EED3 30th Sept
Not wanting to get excited but that September date seems to be a few of us so fingers crossed!

Exactly the same but ordered 11 days in front. Same spec also. I am not holding my breath.

Upvote 0
EDD1 July
EED2 30th Nov
EED3 30th Sept
Same spec with no add ons, direct Tesla order beginning of Apr, unfortunately no further news still @ 4-30 Sep EDD without a VIN

Upvote 0
EDD1 July
EED2 30th Nov
EED3 30th Sept
Hi, I ordered through my company lease scheme too (interactive fleet management) out of curiosity how are you seeing EDD’s as I don’t see anything in the tesla app.

Upvote 0