Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

April Configs Check-in - July is here anyone still waiting for a VIN?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We all configured based on the estimated 3-6 weeks delivery window. Some folks did receive their VINs within the estimated window. We received or most of us received the email that we would be delayed our deliveries to either June or July. Some people got the June email and have not received their car and others received the July email and received their cars in June.

Most people agreed on the speculation that the reason we are being delayed is because of Tesla avoiding hitting the 200k car delivered in Q2 so that the $7500 tax credit could possibly go until the end of 2018.

Fine. Nothing we can do about that as it is all in the past. No more excuses it is the beginning of Q3. I am at 9 weeks and others probably at 11 weeks.

My Details:
3/31/16 Reservation
2/22 invite
4/30 config
5/20 July delay Email
No contact / No VIN
Non-Owner
Red/Sport/EAP
Selected Fremont for Delivery
All boxes have been checked

I have called Tesla only twice in the over two years of waiting and they were super nice but had no information to give.

Reactions: MissyMcBee
I configured May 19th. Got Delivery in Marina Del Rey CA June 30th.
My screen displayed a charge port door error at the delivery center. They corrected it on site in 15 minutes.
Auto Pilot was working after 20 miles.

Happy so far!

I configured May 19th. Got Delivery in Marina Del Rey CA June 30th.
My screen displayed a charge port door error at the delivery center. They corrected it on site in 15 minutes.
Auto Pilot was working after 20 miles.

Happy so far!
That's good to hear. I have never lost faith that the car is awesome. Even if there is an issue Tesla will stand behind their warranty so I have heard. What was your config out of curiosity?

intersesting that the posters still waiting all seem to be from the Bay Area.

Yes Tesla achieved some how the impossible!! More time to get to closer customers then further ones!

Lets speculate! Do they put ISA on assembly line? Do they tried to spread cars to many states to appear succeeding? Do they got such a back up with local delivery they send those VINs away? Do they send all cars away and forget to hold some? Do they got too many cars for repair that there is no more local body store capacity?

:D

Invite 4/18; reserved on line 3/31
config 5/24
contact from ISA June 18
assigned VIN June 25th, date of delivery set July 14. Could have had the car today, but couldn't cancel work to go get it.
Red, Aero, PUP
So Cal, Marina Del Rey pick up

Invite 4/18; reserved on line 3/31
config 5/24
contact from ISA June 18
assigned VIN June 25th, date of delivery set July 14. Could have had the car today, but couldn't cancel work to go get it.
Red, Aero, PUP
So Cal, Marina Del Rey pick up
So we know Tesla is cranking out the red color no issues there. They clearly are not following first in line first served mentality. Looks like they are building and shipping then matching color / wheel combo to configurators.

Darn work thing...

Reactions: psyrob
So we know Tesla is cranking out the red color no issues there. They clearly are not following first in line first served mentality. Looks like they are building and shipping then matching color / wheel combo to configurators.

Darn work thing...

More likely I think they got a back log and red already in SoCal. From dates this car likely got made before they stop red and white.

Ditto -
Invited 4/18, Config 4/22, June delay email, no communication from Tesla, called for the 4th time today but still no info.
RWD/LR, RED, 19", EAP
( i think i added to Self driving today via tele but its not showing up in my account so who knows....:rolleyes:)
My frustration is the lack of communication and the one communication I did receive says that i should EXPECT my car in June. Hmm.

Attachments

• IMG_0935.jpg
    IMG_0935.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 65