Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

April Configs Check-in - July is here anyone still waiting for a VIN?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up my car today and she’s a beauty!!

Picked up at Fremont... it was pretty anti climatic!

I think I anticipated the delivery for so long and read so many stories that it was not a big deal. I found my car on my own outside and inspected the exterior until I got a text to meet the delivery advisor near the water station inside the building. :rolleyes: There was about a dozen others getting there car too! The exterior looked great... no major gaps. The paint had some swirls and a little blister but I’ll have that corrected when I have PPF installed. The underside and tires were dirty from where they stored the car. I guess they are only allowed to clean using waterless cleaning practices. The interior looked great! The piano black surface was a little dirty but with a little muscle and my eye glass swatch I was able to clean it up but it is definitely getting covered. That surface is the worst! I purchased brushed black 3M tape from @Kenriko so I look forward to installing that soon.

And thank you to the forum member that gave me his checklist at the delivery center... forgot your screen name but wanted to extend a thank you!!

The paperwork process was very quick and uneventful. Took maybe 5 minutes to go through the papers (many of which I had already reviewed and signed). The guy took us outside to review the car and basically showed us how To start and put the car in each gear and paired my phone to the car. No die cast car... I was so bummed :(... I can still get one but they ran out. The guy left and came back 10 minutes later with the registration for the inside front window of the car and that was that! On my way out... Took advantage of the Fremont Blvd straight away and gunned it and what a 0-60 rush!! Woo! This car is amazing!

On the way home I noticed the Road noise is a little loud at times but I’m gonna get the RPM rubber seal to cover up the gaps between the glass.

I had originally started to type this up hours ago but life happens and I got busy. I found the ‘window sticker’ ( that’s what I call it) and started to review all of the features and cost breakdown when I discovered that I know I paid for self driving but the sticker had no mention of self driving and was $3,000 less than what I paid... :rolleyes: oh Tesla...what am I going to do with you? :oops:;)

I’m sure it will get corrected but it is a bit scary that they delivered me a vehicle that omitted a feature that I paid for. o_O

I still love her and no...you can’t have her! :p:D

Here is my new addition ...

Attachments

• EBF8D803-795B-4ADF-B21C-02F7927DC459.jpeg
    EBF8D803-795B-4ADF-B21C-02F7927DC459.jpeg
    488.1 KB · Views: 71
  • ACAB186E-E516-4C29-894B-27E052DE8ABA.jpeg
    ACAB186E-E516-4C29-894B-27E052DE8ABA.jpeg
    465.8 KB · Views: 54
  • 3B6E2B4A-6432-43F1-A9AA-2154BAADEDD2.jpeg
    3B6E2B4A-6432-43F1-A9AA-2154BAADEDD2.jpeg
    893 KB · Views: 66
Reactions: ModelX
Picked up my car today and she’s a beauty!!

Picked up at Fremont... it was pretty anti climatic!

I think I anticipated the delivery for so long and read so many stories that it was not a big deal. I found my car on my own outside and inspected the exterior until I got a text to meet the delivery advisor near the water station inside the building. :rolleyes: There was about a dozen others getting there car too! The exterior looked great... no major gaps. The paint had some swirls and a little blister but I’ll have that corrected when I have PPF installed. The underside and tires were dirty from where they stored the car. I guess they are only allowed to clean using waterless cleaning practices. The interior looked great! The piano black surface was a little dirty but with a little muscle and my eye glass swatch I was able to clean it up but it is definitely getting covered. That surface is the worst! I purchased brushed black 3M tape from @Kenriko so I look forward to installing that soon.

And thank you to the forum member that gave me his checklist at the delivery center... forgot your screen name but wanted to extend a thank you!!

The paperwork process was very quick and uneventful. Took maybe 5 minutes to go through the papers (many of which I had already reviewed and signed). The guy took us outside to review the car and basically showed us how To start and put the car in each gear and paired my phone to the car. No die cast car... I was so bummed :(... I can still get one but they ran out. The guy left and came back 10 minutes later with the registration for the inside front window of the car and that was that! On my way out... Took advantage of the Fremont Blvd straight away and gunned it and what a 0-60 rush!! Woo! This car is amazing!

On the way home I noticed the Road noise is a little loud at times but I’m gonna get the RPM rubber seal to cover up the gaps between the glass.

I had originally started to type this up hours ago but life happens and I got busy. I found the ‘window sticker’ ( that’s what I call it) and started to review all of the features and cost breakdown when I discovered that I know I paid for self driving but the sticker had no mention of self driving and was $3,000 less than what I paid... :rolleyes: oh Tesla...what am I going to do with you? :oops:;)

I’m sure it will get corrected but it is a bit scary that they delivered me a vehicle that omitted a feature that I paid for. o_O

I still love her and no...you can’t have her! :p:D

You can still get one, as in, you can come back later when they get more in, or you can still get one, as in, you’d have to buy one?

I’m a Day 1 reservation holder and will be upset if I don’t get one. :(

Reactions: MissyMcBee
Update from Tesla regarding my monroney doc which omitted self driving:
Hi Sharon,
I’m glad you’re enjoying the car! It was built on the 6th of July.
Regarding the Full Self-Driving, sometimes those (monroney doc) are printed out after production, so it could be outdated. You have Full Self-Driving. See your updated sticker attached.
Feel free to call one of our service centers and they can schedule you for a complimentary detail to ensure your car is sparkling! (Not all service centers offer this, so check with them first)
Hope this helps, please let me know if I can do anything else!
Interestingly, my car was built on Friday, July 6th and that was the day I was first contacted by Tesla. :D

Update from Tesla regarding my monroney doc which omitted self driving:
Hi Sharon,
I’m glad you’re enjoying the car! It was built on the 6th of July.
Regarding the Full Self-Driving, sometimes those (monroney doc) are printed out after production, so it could be outdated. You have Full Self-Driving. See your updated sticker attached.
Feel free to call one of our service centers and they can schedule you for a complimentary detail to ensure your car is sparkling! (Not all service centers offer this, so check with them first)
Hope this helps, please let me know if I can do anything else!
Interestingly, my car was built on Friday, July 6th and that was the day I was first contacted by Tesla. :D[/QUOTE

Enjoy! How exciting self-driving updates to come soon I hope.

Update! 11 weeks of waiting today but good news the wait is almost over.

3/31/16 Reserved
2/22/18 Invited to Configure (waited for SR or AWD couldn't wait any longer)
4/30/18 Configured Red/EAP/Sport/RWD
7/13/18 Edit button disappeared
7/16/18 ISA Email - VIN 47xxx
7/21/18 Delivery Scheduled at Fremont

My ISA has been super responsive. Back and forth on emails with her responding within 10 minutes or less. ISA Angela is off to a great start. Lets hope I receive payment information soon and delivery goes smooth. I have my VIN on my Tesla page too.

Yay!! :D

Reactions: MissyMcBee
Update! 11 weeks of waiting today but good news the wait is almost over.

3/31/16 Reserved
2/22/18 Invited to Configure (waited for SR or AWD couldn't wait any longer)
4/30/18 Configured Red/EAP/Sport/RWD
7/13/18 Edit button disappeared
7/16/18 ISA Email - VIN 47xxx
7/21/18 Delivery Scheduled at Fremont

My ISA has been super responsive. Back and forth on emails with her responding within 10 minutes or less. ISA Angela is off to a great start. Lets hope I receive payment information soon and delivery goes smooth. I have my VIN on my Tesla page too.

Yay!! :D

Yay! When will we receive payment info? My delivery is also on 07/22 :)

Last edited: