Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Apt Charging Flat Monthly Fee

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not bad but not amazing when compared to home rates.

30x260 = 7,800 miles commuting x2 = 15,000 miles a year x 250 watts / 1,000 = 3,750 KWh /0.90 = 4,166 KWh then $600 / 4,166 = $0.145 KWh

That’s pretty darn good for an apartment. Now, you won’t charge 100% at home and you’ll supercharge sometimes but I would take that deal if I were you.

If you have a second spot and the apartment won’t monitor you could let a friend charge when they come over as well.

Not bad but not amazing when compared to home rates.

30x260 = 7,800 miles commuting x2 = 15,000 miles a year x 250 watts / 1,000 = 3,750 KWh /0.90 = 4,166 KWh then $600 / 4,166 = $0.145 KWh

That’s pretty darn good for an apartment. Now, you won’t charge 100% at home and you’ll supercharge sometimes but I would take that deal if I were you.

If you have a second spot and the apartment won’t monitor you could let a friend charge when they come over as well.

I think if anyone got level 2 charging at home, they will charge it at home almost 100% of the time. I charge 100% at home with my Model 3 and I already have over 20k miles. It's my commute car. We took the Model X when we are on a trip and even though it has free supercharging, we charge it at home every night except on the long trips.

BTW, I think OP said 30 miles round trip. So your number should be x2 = $0.29 which is about the same as superchargers around here.. I think they are around $0.26 to 0.35. So in terms of saving money, it is probably a wash. But he does not have to make supercharger stops which is quite nice I think.

Reactions: calidreamz808
I think if anyone got level 2 charging at home, they will charge it at home almost 100% of the time. I charge 100% at home with my Model 3 and I already have over 20k miles. It's my commute car. We took the Model X when we are on a trip and even though it has free supercharging, we charge it at home every night except on the long trips.

BTW, I think OP said 30 miles round trip. So your number should be x2 = $0.29 which is about the same as superchargers around here.. I think they are around $0.26 to 0.35. So in terms of saving money, it is probably a wash. But he does not have to make supercharger stops which is quite nice I think.

I already took his commute x2. I put his total annual mileage at 15,000.

Price is fair, convenience is great. This is a good deal. You may use 7+kWh, daily, under good conditions, but if your commute is on the interstate then you might be using 10kWh, daily, which then means an average of 16.7c/kWh. Not bad at all. And, you may find you use more miles on the weekends, so the deal gets better.

Most apartment buildings around here offer free charging as an incentive/perk. I pay $0 a month for all the juice I can stand.:D

IMG_0786.jpeg

An apt i'm considering moving into for a 1-year lease has offered to allow me to charge my vehicle anytime at a rate of $50/month which comes out to $1.50/day. The apartment is located in Los Angeles, and I own a LR RWD. My commute everyday round trip is ~30 miles. Does this sound like a reasonable offer? The outlets have already been installed and are available for use.
What is your alternative ?
You should however find out the outlet power rating and think about how many hours a day your car can charge.

An apt i'm considering moving into for a 1-year lease has offered to allow me to charge my vehicle anytime at a rate of $50/month which comes out to $1.50/day. The apartment is located in Los Angeles, and I own a LR RWD. My commute everyday round trip is ~30 miles. Does this sound like a reasonable offer? The outlets have already been installed and are available for use.
Not so fast, what size circuit is available? Is it 50/240 volt, 30/240 or 20/120 volt or 15/120 volts? (first number is amperes/volts)