Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Arcade games saying waiting to update after 40.8

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had access to all of the arcade games until I updated to 40.8 from 40.4 yesterday. Now Cuphead, Stardew valley, and Fallout Shelter all say “waiting to update”. Did this happen to anyone else? Any suggestions? I’ve had the car for about a month. Thanks in advance!

I'm having the exact same problem. I've had my Model Y for a little over a month now, and each time I receive an update those same three games get stuck in "waiting to update". I've made a service appointment in the app each time and described the problem, and each time they re-push the software update and it fixes it... until I receive the next regular update. No comment from Tesla as to why this is happening.

• Informative
Reactions: Mrcarcrazy
I just picked up my Model Y on 10/25. At first it said to connect to WIFI to start downloading which I did and it looked like it was getting data. Then the next day when I came back all 3 games said Updating... but the software tab didn't show any data flow. I guess I will also request a service appt.

Yep, still the same today... did reboots etc, no dice...
288EE48B-D36A-486F-A780-BB07EB57EA76.jpeg

Is there a special option for mobile? I went in to look around and it wanted me to pick a date to take it or service center. Do I say yes, and then they will know to just update software?

I just sent them a screenshot of the "Waiting for Update.." and requested Mobile Service in the message, with a date as close as possible so that they get back to you sooner. They'll then postpone that service date and send the update (with any luck!).

Reactions: Y@Trox