Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Are model Y Long Range deliveries in Arizona with HW4 or still a mix of HW3 and HW4?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

tmoz

S85D, Y LR, ex Prius PiP
Aug 16, 2015
Gilbert, Arizona
I'm told that you can't tell until your delivery is scheduled. But I would think the Tesla test drive people would know what has been delivered lately.
So was wondering if HW3 is still showing up for the long range Model Y.
Thanks!

No. HW3 is done in the US. The rest of the world still is HW3. But in the US you will get HW4 unless Tesla finds some abandoned car from May sitting on a lot and tries to sell it to you.....very unlikely.
Thank you. I wonder why Tesla couldn't tell me that ...
And for the inventory cars, they say they can't tell me the vin numbers for privacy reasons.
Is this BS or really a concern.
Go to a dealer lot, and the VINs are right there visible.

So next question is: is there any difference between Model Y Long Range made in Austin vs made in Fremont?

for the inventory cars, they say they can't tell me the vin numbers for privacy reasons.
If they're on Tesla's inventory website you can figure out the production date via the source code.

Either load up the car's detail page and search the source code for ActualGAInDate
or use an aggregator like tesla info which tells you the "Actual gated date" when you click on the car.
The "gated date" is when it hit inventory, which should be within a day or two of the production date.

• Informative
Reactions: superblast and tmoz
If they're on Tesla's inventory website you can figure out the production date via the source code.

Either load up the car's detail page and search the source code for ActualGAInDate
or use an aggregator like tesla info which tells you the "Actual gated date" when you click on the car.
The "gated date" is when it hit inventory, which should be within a day or two of the production date.
Great info - thanks!

The Mesa Az had a slew of LR MY available for test drive. All of the MYs had HW4. None of the M3s had HW4. I believe they had the matrix lights, but am not 100% sure. We did notice that the backing on the 2nd row seats were getting destroyed in the 7 seater version as people were not careful when raising the seats from folded to upright. Something Tesla should address. The model Y really made my Model S 85D from 2015 feel antiquated.
Will probably spring for the MY sometime between now and the end of Sept. The Tesla lady who met with us , Teresa, was great.