Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Are RWD really being fulfilled within 4 weeks?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered MR single motor on 10/19. On 10/21 files change to LR. Have been calling constantly ever since. On 11/5 I was finally notified the change went through but when I checked my order was now LR AWD. I have been calling every day since. People say it will get corrected and that I will get the car before the end of the year but I am nervous. You would think this would be easy to fix but apparently it isn't.

I’m in an endless configuration edit nightmare. These change request/cases are dreadfully slow and that’s if they are even working on them, there is just no way to tell until magically it gets fixed. My change request was put in around the same time as yours and I haven’t even heard anything back. I’ve called, emailed and tried my IDA and the general sales line and they all say they see the change pending. They all say they will look into it and get back to me and no one ever does. Time is dwindling when you consider the holidays and I’m quickly losing my patience. What makes these changes so difficult!?!

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: neroden
That could be due to your location (Hawaii). I would call.
Thanks, Dr. J!
I called, and good thing. I believe it IS partly my location, but squeeky wheel gets the grease. After I contacted and got sent from place to place, I eventually got routed to the delivery agent for Hawaii. And since they are overwhelmed, Los Vegas delivery team is helping. My delivery date is Dec 1. BUT....I still don’t have my VIN.

Reactions: Dr. J
Thanks, Dr. J!
I called, and good thing. I believe it IS partly my location, but squeeky wheel gets the grease. After I contacted and got sent from place to place, I eventually got routed to the delivery agent for Hawaii. And since they are overwhelmed, Los Vegas delivery team is helping. My delivery date is Dec 1. BUT....I still don’t have my VIN.
Good luck! And keep calling....;)