Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Are S LR cars actually showing up in inventory?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I read here that LR model S cars are showing up in existing inventory daily, is that true? I haven’t seen any and I’m checking constantly. I’m in LA so maybe that’s why, can anyone let me know where they are where they’re seeing inventory?

I read here that LR model S cars are showing up in existing inventory daily, is that true? I haven’t seen any and I’m checking constantly. I’m in LA so maybe that’s why, can anyone let me know where they are where they’re seeing inventory?
I'm sure you are referring to the 2021+. I haven't seen any non-Plaids show up in available inventory on the website, but cars have been allocated out of the normal order process. I think Tesla may be targeting lease-ends, where they can both lock in someone for a new lease / purchase and flip the return at a large markup these days. My lease ended in September and I wasn't supposed to get new LR until March. But Tesla called me twice about available cars with slightly different options (interior colors) to choose from. And after I picked up new car, about 6 weeks later my old 2018 showed up for sale $16 K above the residual buy-out.

Reactions: GassyBabyBlue
I refreshed my tesla page over 100 times a day, changed the zip code to other codes in my area, and a LR popped up. The same type I ordered and a 2022. Called Tesla immediately and they assigned me that VIN. Had the car 3 days later. It’s worth refreshing and changing the zip code over and over. Inventory keeps changing

You could also make a booking with a tesla service associate at your local service center and they have access to inventory before the public. I got a Y in one day and S in 2 weeks earlier this year.
That's a good point. My sales associate actually assigned me the VIN for a LR, even though the interior was white instead of cream, just to hold the car while checking with me. They can be very helpful locking down inventory if you provide search parameters and some flexibility on colors.

Reactions: syrsid
I made a twitter account to follow https://twitter.com/tesla_inventory and set up alerts. Last night they notified me that a long range black/black S was in inventory and I placed a deposit about 15 minutes later and got it. The car was not showing up as existing inventory but was directly from his link.

My buddy also got an S a few days ago from it.

I believe if it's in state you can deliver it anywhere for free but if it's out of state they charge you a delivery fee.

Reactions: SoCal Buzz