Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Are there any apps that could send a text/email reminder when you have gone past 7 days without a 100% charge on an LFP battery?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The instructions say to charge LFP batteries to 100% once a week which I try to do but sometimes miss the once-a-week due to simply forgetting.

Are there any charging/diagnostic (Tezlab, etc) apps that could send a text/email reminder when you have gone past 7 days (or maybe 10 days) without a 100% charge?

First, don't worry about it. There's absolutely nothing about the battery that wants/needs/likes a full charge. Tesla only recommends this for your mental health - it has nothing to do with the car.

Second, don't charge to 100% unless you have a reason to. Otherwise you just end up with unpredictable regen braking, worn friction brakes, and the increased energy consumption that results.

But if you really, really, really, want the car to give you the most accurate range estimate possible, then yeah, charge to 100% every once in a while. The range estimate calculation is the only thing that directly benefits from an otherwise unnecessary full charge. Fortunately the LFP chemistry allows you to charge to 100% as often as you like, and you might appreciate the reduced range anxiety or the convenience of fewer charge sessions, but still it's all about you - not the car.

Last edited:
“If your vehicle is equipped with an LFP Battery, Tesla recommends that you keep your charge limit set to 100%, even for daily use, and that you also fully charge to 100% at least once per week.”

So just plug it in every night and relax.
No home charger. I am reliant on work/public chargers.

No home charger. I am reliant on work/public chargers.
I do not use it, but I am pretty sure it will work anywhere since it is telling the car when to charge and when to stop. I think you can just use the scheduler and not use the automated features.

As far as I know it is free, so you may wish to check it out. Free is good if it works for you!

Last edited:
But if you really, really, really, want the car to give you the most accurate range estimate possible, then yeah, charge to 100% every once in a while. The range estimate calculation is the only thing that directly benefits from an otherwise unnecessary full charge. Fortunately the LFP chemistry allows you to charge to 100% as often as you like, and you might appreciate the reduced range anxiety or the convenience of fewer charge sessions, but still it's all about you - not the car.

So, does anybody on here have any first-hand experience with how off-kilter the BMS gets if the LFP car is never charged to 100%? Are we talking 5 miles off, 10 miles off, 50 or 100 miles off (ballpark)? There is another ramification to this besides the possibility of having a little (or a lot) more or less range than you realize, which is that the messed up BMS could theoretically cause a customer to meet the 70% threshold for battery replacement.